Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hollywood Lakes - Anyone know anything?

• 02-02-2007 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Got an invite from a mate to play Hollywood Lakes (not til March)

Just wondering if any knows it? Their website is not great.

Ta

S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

slumped wrote:
    Hey guys

Got an invite from a mate to play Hollywood Lakes (not til March)

Just wondering if any knows it? Their website is not great.

Ta

S

yeah I have played it quite a few times.

I presume you know how to get there...its just north of Ballyboughal village.

In my opinion it has progressed very well since the members took it over. Its a very nice course,not overly difficult but a good test nonetheless.
    I feel sure you will enjoy it !! (Five wood off the first tee)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Played it last year, some company charity day thing. Some bitch ass hills to climb up but other than that fairly easy :].

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

woudn't say it was fairy easy. It's an average difficulty parkland course, good condition, first hole is a tricky one to start with. I'd hit a 5 or 6 iron, not a 5 wood! A couple of other nice holes. All in all well worth playing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Hollywood Lakes has a great variety of holes. You never get that sense of deja-vu (we've played this hole already?) like some other courses. There's water in play on several holes and in summer time the greens are superb and really fast. It's quite hilly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Played there in the Metro Cup last year. The wind was into my face on the first so I hit a choked down on a 5-wood...ended up on the gravel path just short of the green!! 5/4-iron is the club most days.

As others have said it's a hilly course. Some short par-3's on it which you an reach with a wedge or 9-iron. Greens were in good nick when I played, but you can count on it being pretty windy and cold in March so make sure you wrap up well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement