Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Fine Gael Conferance.

Options
  • 02-02-2007 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Fine Gael to hold pre-election youth conference

This Saturday, February 3rd, Young Fine Gael will hold a Pre-Election Conference aimed at voters under 30 and focusing primarily on the policy areas environment, health and education. The Conference will celebrate Young Fine Gael's 30th anniversary with former Party Leader Dr Garret FitzGerald being Guest of Honour.

The Fine Gael Leader, Enda Kenny TD, will address the conference at 5pm and sessions throughout the day will be chaired by senior Front Bench Spokespeople.

Conference Details
    Title: Challenging the Present - Building a Future
    Time: Beginning at 11.30 am

Conference Policy Priorities
    Environment and Housing: - Stamp Duty: Fine Gael will make the first €450,000 of a first home exempt from stamp duty. The Party will levy stamp duty only on the value in excess of this amount.
    - Management Companies. Fine Gael will legislate for and tackle management companies ensuring that management fees for the first three years of a new complex will be frozen and that management fee will not be fully payable until various services can be provided.
    - We will move toward generating at least 33% of Ireland's electricity needs from renewable sources by 2025.

Health:
    - Implement s national health-screening programme, including a nationwide cervical screening programme for women aged 25 - 44.
    - The serious need for improved sex education programmes at secondary school level.
    - The need for a comprehensive package of proposals which will help young people who suffer from mental illness.

Education:
    - Redesigning course material around modern technology linking our education directly to the achievement of a 'knowledge economy'.
    - Provide a laptop for every child entering secondary school and introduce a new subject Information and Communications Technology (ICT) for the Junior Certificate.
    - Science to Junior Certificate will be a core requirement.

The policy document can be downloaded at: http://www.yfg.ie/downloads/pol1.pdf
    The Full Confence Programme can be downloaded at http://www.yfg.ie/downloads/programmesm.pdf

anyone here going to this?
    i am.
    anyone does should easly spot me. i've told by friends that know who i was posting on this site by my style of posting and what i say.

i hope ballboa, purple_n_gold and comrade Infront will attend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I shan't be attending I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

I didn't notice any Spelling Bee on the agenda. Maybe it should be included to improve standards although if "Conferance" comes up, you're goosed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I probably should, although I'm actually a member of Fine Gael, not YFG.

They don't seem as much hard work as Labour Youth or OFF, but some seem a bit hardcore.

Will see how hungover I am in the a.m. :)

I'd say everyone will be in good form after today's poll. We may have dropped 1 point but we are consistently 26-28% in the last 4 MRBI polls. Being back to 1997 levels of support is cause for celebration in my book.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

This isn't an announcements forum; in particular it's not a partisan announcements forum. Dontico, contact one of the mods in future before posting something like this.

ChippingSodbury, spelling pedantry isn't welcome on this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement