Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to install a head unit?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

AFAIK the Astra uses ISO connections, so once the HU you buy has ISO connections then it should be a straight swap. You may need an antenna adapter - most car stereo shops sell these for a couple of €

Pic of ISO connector >http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?TabID=1&criteria=usb&ModuleNo=98788&doy=search&C=SEO&U=Strat15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Yes it has that

Aerial
    Big black plug
    Smaller black plug - looks like that pic.

Do i need to dissconnect the battery's negative lead.

Straight swap that should be ok then.

Yeah - disconnecting the battery negative, while not necessary, is a good safety precaution.

You will need to remove the 4 tiny screws on each side of the Opel radio before inserting the radio removal tools. The radio information will no longer be displayed on the dash - it will simply display time and date.

The thefts stole my good sony head unit two weeks ago, so i dont have to take anything out.

I tried fitting the old Opel HU the other week and didnt have the adapter for the aerial and for some reason it wouldnt go into the slot.

Never mind. Am picking up my new HU this evening after work and will fit it then.

Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

You will need an adaptor set to convert the opel plugs to the inputs on the new HU

• Advertisement

You will need an adaptor set to convert the opel plugs to the inputs on the new HU
    The Opel plugs should be ISO and if the new HU is ISO then there should be no need for an adapter.

The new HU has ISO Connection.

It will be great to get some music back into the car. Fed up of singing to myself all the time now

Advertisement