Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilt rental in Galway???

Options
  • 02-02-2007 3:50pm

Im going to a ball on Monday.Thought it would be a laugh to go in a kilt.Anywhere in Galway do rentals on them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

There's a formal wear rental place on Dominick Street across the road from the Galway Arms, they probably do them.

However, it won't be a "laugh" you'll just look like a plank and have people asking you are you scottish all night. Leave the kilts to the Scots and the wannabes in Ulster. If you just want to be a bit different try wearing runners with your tux.

Its some Fashion show thing.It will be full of pretentious people.Thought about just wearing it to take the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

By all means go for it mate, I've seen it fall flat before though... if it's a p*ss take your after try this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Jaysus, Dazzler, you're really into the role-play, aren't you?!

RossOCK in a kilt ... nah ... just don't see it! :D

Thats place on dominicks street only does dress rentals.She give my mate a filthy when he asked her if she does kilts.
    I'm not back in Galway till Monday.So unless I get something Monday.I won't be going in a kilt.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Martin Feeney's dress hire (Abbeygate St.) or Joe Greene's in Woodquay?

Actually, I'd put a quid on Martin having a fair idea where you could get one, even if he doesn't carry them ... I've seen him around the town in some, em, adventurous outfits at times! :D

Alternatively, one of the fancy dress places? e.g. www.galwayfancydresshire.com/

Hell, if they don't have the kilt, they might still be able to help! OriginalPoser ;)

Advertisement