Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Media Awards

Options
  • 02-02-2007 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭

This website won a digital media award last night in the best Design category. I just cant comprehend how it was even short-listed never mind winning! Maybe I'm missing something here, can anyone explain why this might be chosen as an example of a particularly well designed site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Wow. It's like 1997 all over again. Maybe they're going for a 'retro' feel to it? Harking back to a time before we realised how to design websites?

I don't know, it's damn ugly if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

to quote the digital media awards website: (im not putting their link because they don't deserve the traffic!)

All entries ( unless specified) must be accompanied by the entrance fee of €130 + VAT @ 21% . No entries will be put forward for judging unless they have paid. All entries need to fulfill the criteria as described under each category.

if everyone on their shortlists paid that is a cool 15k. Not to mention the €200 a head for the award ceremony!!!

oh dear!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

i'm gobsmacked! :eek:

they had 650 people at the dinner last year, at 200 a head and 350 entries at 130 a head....

i think it is a celebration of making money not of digital media.

but remember the old adage.....

money's money is all that monies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Like the Golden Spiders, this is simply another money-making operation and PR stunt undertaken by unqualified sponsors who are fooling clients into thinking that they are authorities in an industry that they know nothing about. It's all starting to come crashing down though as some industry principals in this country are starting to make noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

one of the judges is a well known member around here, and this was avery classy do by all accounts, im stumped that site is pure muck, im seriously thinking about entering a blank page next year and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiderbeast

Who won best music website and best entertainment website?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

www.balconytv.com won best music site and to be quite frank that site shouldn't have won that category giving the other sites that were in the category (which don't run of YouTube for start) Irish charts , Downloadmusic.ie , Outersounds.ie , Podcasting Ireland , 3 Music Store

but i suppose seeing as how they'd paid to enter three different categories they had to win something :) , and no we didn't enter before anyone starts :):)

Advertisement