Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Girl I'm seeing.. Valentines day Looming

Options
  • 02-02-2007 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

What are your thoughts on the following.

Had a great first date with a girl I've liked for ages recently.
    We have arranged to meet again this week. Been in contact with her along with the odd txt and email here and there. It's going really well so far, but

Valentines day is fairly near... What is appropriate. As its early days I don't want to mess up by either going overboard or not doing enough on the day.

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'Send her a card! Everyone loves a Valentine's Day card. If she isn't your girlfriend then nothing else is necessary'

'go original flowers, choclates ,teddies or just take her for a nice meal.'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Flowers should be plenty, I hate the idea of guys having to spend loads of money on a girl they are only with a while its stupid, actually hate it for guys who are with their girlfriends/partners etc for a good while. You don't want to go over board or disreguard it completely... like i said some nice flowers. Doesn't even have to be roses, just something nice.

It's more the thought that counts... well for me anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

If it was me i'd expect a card and maybe a trip to the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

a card or somthing and maybe a pair of cute socks or a hat or something nothing major. just enough to say you made the effort

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Something small, don't go overboard. A card to make her laugh and show her you care (if she is bothered by that sort of thing on Valentines Day, which is a load of tosh imo) would be fine. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

Do you earn money?

Book a table for dinner now(you should find somewhere available still), see how your next night out together goes and if your still on for seeing each other again by next weekend ask her would she like to do " something" next wednesday...if she says yes which im sure she will(rather than do nothing val day) tell her you'll arrange something....keep it as a surprise ,bring a card and pay for dinner;)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

A card and some flowers should do it. Even though it may not be "going overboard" it is still pretty nice and special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Sweeties from the sweet factory and a nice card.

Maybe take her out for a couple of pints too.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Libertine07

I had only started seeing my ex a week before Valentine's Day a few years ago. He got me a card and made me a CD, which I thought was nice as it didn't cost much but he had to put some thought into it (he'd picked up on comments I'd made about the music I liked and picked out similar stuff). We also went to the cinema on the day itself. I was so relieved that he didn't go overboard but at the same time he did something nice to mark the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Personal Issues.

ok then.
    I met this girl in nov. met for 4 dates already. (well one was a session with others) pretty interested. I was gonna spend 50euro on her.
    Judging by comments here that may be a bit too much and scare her off.

BTW the thing i was buying costs 80. I get it for 50 cost my pal gets a staff discount in the shop.

whatcha think?

Advertisement