Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any tips for bleaching hair ?

• 02-02-2007 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Im going into town to tomorow to get a bottle of domestos to bleach the hair .Im only going to bleach the fringe .

Is there any tips anyone can give me on how to apply it and how long I should leave it before I wash the domestos out ?

Thanks in advance !
    Remmy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Don't use Domestos.

Get proper hair dye in a chemists or boots or go to the hairdressers/barbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Orla
    Why should,nt I use domestos ?Does it burn your hair or something ?Do those packets that you see in tescos with the model on the front of them work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Remmy wrote:
    Orla
    Why should,nt I use domestos ?Does it burn your hair or something ?Do those packets that you see in tescos with the model on the front of them work?
    Yes, they do. Domestos will burn the shíte out of your scalp and hair (though still make it blonde/white).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Remmy wrote:
    Im going into town to tomorow to get a bottle of domestos to bleach the hair .Im only going to bleach the fringe .
    Remmy

hahahahaha!! Troll!:D :D:D:D:D:D:D

Are you serious? Your hair will fall out and your scalp will be burned and you'll prob end up blind.

Good luck with that!

Use hair bleach not cleaning supplies. Ask chemist for the best one. Don't leave it on too long, it'l go white and wreck your hair, if left on too short it goes orange. So read instructions properly.

Do a strand test and put a little on your skin to see if you're allergic or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Remmy wrote:

Is there any tips anyone can give me on how to apply it and how long I should leave it before I wash the domestos out ?

Thanks in advance !
    Remmy

Who in the name of god told you to use Domestos? You do know its an irritant to skin and that it reacts with peroxide? (so if you put dye on your hair after there'll be a reaction).

• Advertisement

Damn, if we'd all have kept our mouths shut, there would have been one comical thread here tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

tips?

dont use domestos.

and dont JUST bleach your fringe.ew.

Actually, DO bleach your hair with Domestos!!! And post up the photos tomorrow!!! Before, during and after!!!!!

Thanks for the tips about not using the domestos lads :) I really owe yee one :D
    I think Im going to get my hair highlighted when I Get it cut next but I need it to grow back a bit first .I got it cut a bit shorter than I liked last time .That was about 3 weeks ago and now the top is about 3 cm long .So I think I'll get one of those coloring packets for womens hair instead today .

I might sound like a scanger wanting to only bleach the fringe but I dont want my hair bleached all over I just want the tips done but my hair might be a bit short for that except the fringe and Im not a troll ;):D

thanks
    Remmy

Remmy wrote:
    Thanks for the tips about not using the domestos lads :) I really owe yee one :D
    I think Im going to get my hair highlighted when I Get it cut next but I need it to grow back a bit first .I got it cut a bit shorter than I liked last time .That was about 3 weeks ago and now the top is about 3 cm long .So I think I'll get one of those coloring packets for womens hair instead today .

I might sound like a scanger wanting to only bleach the fringe but I dont want my hair bleached all over I just want the tips done but my hair might be a bit short for that except the fringe and Im not a troll ;):D

thanks
    Remmy
    If you're in Dublin, go into the Grafton Barbers. They only charge €65 iirc for highlights and you can be sure they'll do a good job of it, rather than trying to do it by yourself.

• Advertisement

Rb,I dont live in dublin but jesus is that how much highlights cost ?:eek: 65 euros?wow!

Remmy wrote:
    Rb,I dont live in dublin but jesus is that how much highlights cost ?:eek: 65 euros?wow!
    Well, you get a wash and cut too.

But if you think thats expensive, just thank God you're not a girl.

Im guessin girls would be looking ar 100 euros for a haircut or somethin like :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Remmy wrote:
    I might sound like a scanger wanting to only bleach the fringe
    details, I think it was the Domestos that did that

yeah it costs me €100 for half a head of highlights and a cut and i dont go to the most expensive salons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

lol... domestos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Don't use domestos - if you really are going to do this at home get Hydrogen peroxide from the chemist or a blonde hair dye kit preferably - you'll burn the head off yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ah just get a home high-lighting kit and a friend you can trust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My mammy highlited my hair for me the first time I go it done, she did it well too, and she's not a hairdreser or anything.

Well Im after using two packets of hint of a tint and following the instructions and lets just say i wont be buyin that again .It did nothing to my hair .next time I go in im going to get a semi permanent one and see if that works .:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

A wash in wash out tint isn't going to turn your hair blonde.

only permanent dyes can lighten your hair. you need to get a highlighting kit.

Advertisement