Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That artist dude outside brown thomas.

Options
  • 02-02-2007 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

i was only thinking that the other day,he is doing it longer than 6 years its more like 11years.i think he is very cheeky and annoying too.
    they want to get buskers to get a licence to perform on the street so why not make him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I hate the way he takes up the whole square when he unrolls it. A solution was found by my Dad though, just walk across it if its in the way. He did it and worked wonders!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Does he even do anything other than roll it out and wait for money? If he wants my money he can bloody work for it! I'm sure he used to actually draw onto the pavement itself yaers ago.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is he the same guy who used have the "Titanic" painting for about 5 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,691 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

A friend of a friend last summer went out at the crack of dawn and rolled out a blank sheet on the ground next to where that guy does and just worked on it all day. By the end he'd completed a full, giant, detailed painting while that guy had just painted over some of his characters a few times, a dab here, a dab there etc.

The guy just did it to show that guy up - worked a treat though, he went off home with his new full painting and a wad of money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭slowhands

ah yes, cant stand him either. bloody riverdance!! and the painting isn't that great at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

A friend of mine had to go out and view street art for his course. He would go around the city and would pass his work once or twice during the day for a week and he said the guy was just painting the background everytime! Just adding a few dabs of paint!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

He drives us all mad - but at least our "tourists" are seeing something that looks a bit "Oirish". But I wish he'd roll his mat up and move it somewhere else in the city - as I use that stretch of street daily and I'm sick of avoiding the great touched up masterpiece.

Wonder what he'd do if somebody appeared with a bucket of water/hose ........ now there's a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Don't tempt me!!! (Splashback would be my only fear). But if somebody else wants to try the water scenario, please advise in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

I was visiting Cork at the weekend and came across him .
    I gave him a couple of Euro but feel cheated now!
    I passed by a couple of times afterwards and to be honest the music was what annoyed me. I think that recorded music should be banned from use by street artists (With possibly a few exceptions).
    Bloody annoying to hear riverdance being blasted into a public space over a long period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭wasper

For those of you that dont know him, he unravells a huge painting outside brown thomas of famous Cork people irish dancing...

So, does anyone else think he's milking this little too much?
    I mean, he's been painting the same picture for about 6 years.
    Now dont get me wrong, it is cool etc. but i'm sick of hearing that riverdance tune every weekend walking around the top of patrick St.

Oh and has anyone seen his 3 latest additions to it...
    He's added that huge guy that sells the echo outside Barretts, a council binman and himself!!!

He's staring to annoy me.

Any Thoughts?
    What is amazing is that peopel still stop & watch his work after all this years. I think it's time he had Roy Keane in Celtic jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

and no one has pics..?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Think he's bad? The Sistine Chapel's been milking that Michelangelo stuff for centuries! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Oh yeah I can't believe people give him money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Yeah, I was having the same conversation with someone the other day. I think he's doing it since just before the City of Culture thing. So maybe 3 years maximum. It's a decent enough effort but he is just taking the piss now. The least he could do is admit that it was finished and just put it on display. No need to go through the act of pretending to paint it every weekend.
    Move it into the crawford and be done with it!

Advertisement