Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prometric testing centres in Dublin

Options
  • 02-02-2007 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

A Chairde,

Does anyone know / can we compile of all prometric centres in Dublin.

I know New Horizons is a Prometric Centre , and runs tests Mon-Sat Morning, but thats it.

Any further information gretaly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

New Horizons is the only place afaik.

Apparently Calyx, MoreSoft IT and varies others have discontinued providing Prometric exams for the public although I heard that you can sit Prometric exams in DCU now (although I'm not 100% sure on that).

There are a few places that do VUE exams (IACT being one of them) but they are €30 more expensive and always seem to be booked out months in advance :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you do go compiling a list, please keep it in the Certification - What, When and Where sticky at the top of this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 CRUMDUB12

Tallaght IT are talking about providing this service in the future, will keep you updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

There is nothing more easy than becoming an approved testing center with Prometric. Plus it is free. Plus some editors give you extra money directly (Cisco?) per certification taken...

I really do not understand why there was 6 two years ago, and today only one in dublin ? Plus the companies who used to do that, are still up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Basically the reason that there are very few testing centres are because the only reason to have them is so that you can give your students preferential test dates.

You have to pay for the computers, the internet connection and teh secured environment, plus an exam administrator and you get back only a very nominal fee per exam taken (I think its around 5 or 10 euro per exam)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

oh btw I forgot to mention that at the moment New Horizons is the only public Prometric testing facility in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Shad0r wrote:
    oh btw I forgot to mention that at the moment New Horizons is the only public Prometric testing facility in Dublin.

Ok stop the marketing now please.
    We know it, this has been posted already.

Advertisement