Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear - WGR615

Options
  • 02-02-2007 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Theres three machines here connecting to the internet through this router. All machines have ips address' and everything obviously. But they can't connect to each other. When I try to ping any machine from another it just says request timed out. Isn't that a little strange?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

How are you trying to ping them, through the machine name or the IP address?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

the windows firewall may be enabled on each of the machines, preventing a ping reply...............

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

the windows firewall may be enabled on each of the machines, preventing a ping reply...............

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

junii wrote:
    Theres three machines here connecting to the internet through this router. All machines have ips address' and everything obviously. But they can't connect to each other. When I try to ping any machine from another it just says request timed out. Isn't that a little strange?

Are they all actually networked? or, are they just connecting to the net via the same router?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

Ill check firewalls but I don't think there on two of the machines. Mine has one. Networking is enabled on all machines et cetera. All have dynamic ips from the router and there all using the router ok to connect to the net.

Nothing appears under My network places and there all on the same workgroup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement