Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fta record one channel and watch another How??

Options
  • 02-02-2007 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

I have a fta system setup in my house we have 3 boxs which one is the one is the main room and one is running the kitchen and one bedroom from and the other is setup in another bedroom. Can anyone tell me is there any way of recording one station while watching another station on fta? As we have a dvd recorder which is setup in the main room i was thinking that we could not do this as we have to watch the same channel that is being recorded so correct me if i am wrong. Or will i just have to move the dvd recorder to another room with the fta box to record to allow the main room to be free to watch any station.
    Thanks for the help in advance.
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Kind of..as long as the other channel is on the same transponder.

Thats not a realistic way of channel hoping though, you need two tuners like used with sky plus or a DM7025 to be able to do this properly...

This needs an lnb with two feeds - one for the tuner you are recording from and one for the one you are watching in the other room.

Maybe at some future time we will have soft-lnbs that will be capable of sifting the signals to multiple feeds at once - kind of like cable..but not any time soon .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

get a FTA dual tuner satreceiver with HDD built in. Uses two coax from LNB.
    playback = live quality. Same as Sky+ except no rental and no automatic EPG.

Really a Quad LNB better value than a Dual.

You need Quad LNB.

Advertisement