Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast ATMs

• 02-02-2007 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

I've got to go up to Belfast next week, and I need to know if the ATMs generally accept ROI cards? I didn't have any problems in Newry (well, the Quays has a BOI ATM that dispenses both Sterling and Euro), but my card doesn't work in the rest of the UK. Why? Pfft, I don't know, it's frustrating as anything! :confused:

Anyway, let me know if I need to go to my local bank and buy some ££££ :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Am, as far as i know they should. Have ya a visa thingy on the card?? Most up here have Link, but dunno if they got that down south. But if its a bank of ireland shouldnt have much problem findin one of their machines like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Berns, thanks for gettin back to me. It's not a visa card... it's just my bog standard atm! But if there are BOI machines around then I'll be grand. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 irlsurreal

Been using primarily my southern card in belfast the past 3 years and i've never had a problem with any ATMs up here-even the Link ones.Although I do no the link ones charge about E1.50 per transaction so if u can avoid them then do!Surprised about what u said about your card not working in Britain though-anytime I've been over I never ran into problems but then again mayb I just got lucky with the machine I used;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Just make sure you use either First Trust, Ulster Bank or BOI and there will be no transaction charges. There are plenty of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go to the ATM across the street from Europa hotel on Great Victoria street. Will accept 365 boi cards. And easy to find, just ask for the hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

irlsurreal wrote:
    Surprised about what u said about your card not working in Britain though

I seem to remember that ROI Bank of Ireland cash cards did not support LINK machines, hence they would not work in machines such as Abbey or Halifax, either in GB or NI. They would work in any of the "Big Four" Banks in NI, however.

ROI Ulster Banks did work on the Link system but did not (at the time when I had one) support Cirrus and therefore did not work on continental Europe.

Advertisement