Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannot patch Cod2

• 02-02-2007 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I am trying to patch a fresh installation on my new build but keep getting the message about it not been able to find a valid installation of call of duty and then the could nt locate a validation key.

I have tried re-installing the game a few times.

Can anybody help or suggest a solution......:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

What's the exact Error Message? Does the game work after you install it (before you try to patch it)? Are you installing on a different drive (i.e. not C: )?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

afaik you have to play it for a few minutes first ( both single and multi ) in order to have it set up properly. quit and then run the patch and it should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭eire_dd

Thanks will try that........;)

ok have tried playing for a while.. but still when i try to patch i get the message

set-up could not locate a valid installation of call of duty and then a second message set-couldn't locate a valid cd key. blah blah blah:mad:

INVALID INSTALLATION MESSAGE: If you get a "Setup did not detect a valid Call of Duty™ CD Key" error message when installing the 1.5 patch, you can try one of two things to address this issue:
    1. Exit out of the patch setup and load up Call of Duty™ Multiplayer. In the Multiplayer Options screen, re-enter your Call of Duty™ CD key, exit the program, and then apply the patch again.
    2. If you get the error again, exit out of the 1.5 patch installer. Completely uninstall Call of Duty™, reinstall the game, and then apply the patch.

Either one of these solutions should correct the problem.

from here http://tinyurl.com/2s6udy

this refers to cod 1 but it may work with 2
    best of luck !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I had a similar problem a few months back and I solved it by uninstalling the programme and running a registry cleaner to remove "small bits" of the programme that gets left behind even after an uninstall. Its these bits that cause the errors. You can download some registry cleaners online but be careful you don't download spyware with it as well.

Good luck

tried the uninstall method for the 3rd time yesterday with no success..

will try the reg cleaner if anyone can reccommened one

this reg cleaner works really well. it's not free but it will work for a few days which is enough for your needs. http://tinyurl.com/gnv

Advertisement