Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blonde or brunette

• 02-02-2007 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭

I've been blonde for about 15 years. My hair is long and straight. Recently I've been toying with the idea of going back to my natural colour which is a very light brown. I'm 33 now? Am I too old? Will it be too dark after so many years fair?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

You'd prob want to ask a hair dresser, I'd say they could put you the closest natural shade and maybe add highlights to liven it up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Hi hunnymonster, I'm a natural blonde and have just dyed my hair brown. It's not as drastic a change as I had anticipated, although I think my natural colour suits me better. I say go for it! Alot of people told me not to go dark but I like it. The worst that could happen is that you don't like it in which case just go back blonde!
    Once you get an idea like that into your head, it's better to do it and get it out of your system. You might be pleasantly surprised with the result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Rawr!

I'm naturally a Strawberry Blonde. But for the past couple of years, I've had dark hair. Between "light brown" which actually was very dark, "chocolate" and recently "cosmic blue"..... Oh and not to forget the burgundy....

I found that everyone says that darker hair suits me better.... Which I found to be true....

But I'm getting sick of getting roots real quickly... As my hair does grow out quite quick....

So I'm bearing it now and letting it grow out... Then going light brown, and then eventually blonde highlights.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Honeymonster, i dyed my hair since i was 14,i got blonder and blonder, but last year i went closer to my natural hair colour which is similar to yourself a light brown, at first it felt like a big change, but a positive change, i absolutaly love it now, i feel my hair looks like its in a lot better condition and suits me better, i was afraid i would have looked pailer after so many years been a blonde but that is in fact a myth, i actually looked paler been a blonde.

i say go for it, sure if you dont like it you can always go blonde again. However you ll probable love it. go to a good hairdressers and go as close to your natural colour as possible, they ll probable have to strip the blonde colour out of your hair and then put the darker shade on, otherwise you d have the blonde colour coming through very quickly.

Just think of the amount of money you ll save from not having to do your roots and doing full colour. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Brunette ftw!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

wow, thanks for all the replies, I didn't expect it to generate so much interest. I spoke to a hairdresser at the weekend. She put some sort of deep treatment in and would like to do another one before the change as years of bleaching have left my hair a little dry. She also warned me that it might be a slightly muddy shade at first but that it will improve the second or 3rd time it is dyed the darker colour. I'm due a colour in the next 2-3 weeks and I was going to get it done for a big party I'm going to on the 14th but I'm not sure this is such a good idea if I'm going for the change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭pheby

I say go for it, Blonds dont have that much fun!!

Advertisement