Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what the fu** is with AN POST?

Options
  • 02-02-2007 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

lads,

whats the story with the AN POST? i sent a cheque to someone in tipp monday for a phone, just on the phone now and she received nothing??

i posted dvds to cyprus on the 15th jan from cdwow for a return.........they received nothing.

my mum posted a nokia 6680 to dublin in november from north kerry, took 3 weeks or more to get to me.

posted a calculator to ucc for exams in the autumn, nothing received.

i mean, what are they doing????????????????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Hi,
    Seems like you got a bit unlucky?:confused:
    I normally get stuff posted down to me from Dublin to Limerick and on average it never takes more than three days.
    Stuff from UK to Limerick, average is five days tops.
    Stuff from Netherlands (Komplett) five - seven days.

For your own postage of important items, maybe try registered post?
    Errr.. presumingly you'd put a return address for other mail just in case?;)

I am interested to see what the eventual post codes will do for Ireland combined with the eventual (EU mandate) open market of the postal business. Hopefully more choices and a more efficent system.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

i always stick a return addy but it does sfa, i should have got the calculator and dvds back if they opened their eyes a small bit.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

2 weeks ago I orderd books and music from Amazon. Amazon split the delivery into 2. I got the books about 4 days later, but still waiting on the music! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I had a dvd dispatched to me from cdwow a few weeks ago. They've never taken this long before. Are An Post having particularly bad problems at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 no comment

I posted my grant application form in November and it disppeared for 4 weeks. An Post sent me a letter apologising for losing my mail, two days after it arrived at the VEC.

I've also had to wait to three weeks for a package from Donegal.

This is only been a problem since the end of summer. Free market reforms should immediately put competitive pressure on An Post and eventually improve efficiency.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

I posted a letter to London, it took exactly two weeks to get there.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

Something i got on eBay arrived this morning, five days after ordering it ..... came from Oz ..... 5 days aint bad ( normal post ) to wait for something from Australia !

Advertisement