Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History

Options
  • 02-02-2007 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

hey, anyone know if any decent leaving cert type essays are available??? preferably free ones?!! oh and any info regarding the gallery question would also be helpful!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

what questions are you interested in? it is a vast curriculim and i doubt we are doing all the same questions. i usually just gets loads of info off different sites. my teacher also gives us some superb notes! and i use less stress more success. then i just piece them all together... et voila!

by the gallery question i presume you mean the exhibition that you have chosen to attend. briefly describe where you went, the theme of the exhibition, specific works that interested you. becuase it is probably the most 'personal' part of the course, try also to encorporate your criticism of each piece, how you felt looking at it, did you like it or not etc.

remember that it is impossible to cover everyone part of the course. there are just too many artists and periods to learn off completely! so try to choose wisely. you should have covered:

1.early renaissance (2 sculptor, 2/3 artists/1 architect)
    2. high renaissance ( da vinci, michelangelo, and raphael.... we have also done titian from the humanism period, but it is just a safety net). we completely skipped the north european renaissance...i was a bit worried about skipping it completely so i went back myself and did one artist).
    3. renaissance artchitecture
    4. gothic architecture, art (just do giotto) and sculptor (sluter). also do gothic windows!!
    5.irish georgian architecture (town houses, public house and a private heorgian mansion). we also studied gandon and chambers, and we examined stuccowork and the lafranchini brothers.
    6. film appreciation- we did billy elliot
    7. rural and urban appreciation- be able to design house and gardens for both, relevant to the surrounding area.
    8. development of the high cross
    9. my teacher seems certain that they will ask us a question on designing a trophy for the tidy towns competition...i think there was an actual redesign of it so thats why.
    10. stone age- instruments, jewellery and newgrange.
    11. bronze age- instruments, jewellery etc ( function, form, design, example)

there is probably much more that i have forgotton, bu if you have covered these area thoroughly then there shouldn't be a problem. for stuff on essays, jus pm me and ill see what i can do!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lennykravitz

we havent covered half that stuff!we've done no architecture whatsoever which i think is diabolical, considering that i want to do architecture next year. We've done the bare bare minimum of sculpture which is a joke!aaaaaarrrrrrggh!my teachers crap and drivin me mad! anyway i'll stop ranting, that gallery question is getting up my nose, do you no of anywhere i could get decent notes on lighting/layout/access.......all that interiour design type stuff? you seem to be pretty sorted!!cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 interpolian

yeah im in the same position as urself, thats list of topics is quite scary, my class are basically learning the stuff ourselves from the less stress book, id suggest it its very good, its gonna be my saviour for the leaving!

yeah well its a pretty tough course. just remember that you won't be able to answer all the questions on the paper! my teacher keeps on reminding us. so dont panic! just make sure you have covered a few areas from each section (appreciation, european, irish). you can get some great stuff on the internet too! for the interior design question, try and get your hands on some architecture magazines....that will help you for both the external and internal aspects of the design just one link!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 i-roisin

that ones for you, analyse this...

• Advertisement

;)

Advertisement