Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's official: Brett Favre is coming back!

• 02-02-2007 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,192 ✭✭✭✭

Yes!

The Pack will be back (in the play-offs) in 2007.

And Dan Marino's records are going down!

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/9970509

The biggest news story of the week! :D

Eh, what football game on Sunday? :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Thought he might give it one more go all right....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 RadioActive

I'm glad we won't have to wait months for his decision! I'm glad he's coming back, if the Bears fall off at all they have a chance in the NFC Norris.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Bert Fever

I'm delighted, there's still a few of Marinos records left to top! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Favre, give it a rest FFS :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Favre, give it a rest FFS :rolleyes:
    No, keep going you legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

He has 11 million reasons to stay and try and break some NFL records next season!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

totally, all records shall have Favre, GB after them, and so there should be!

i agree, im glad he released this now rather then after the draft like last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

This is pretty appropiate
    It's the NFL official ad during SuperBowl XLI, the end is good :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NQKck-W4XfQ

cooker3 wrote:
    This is pretty appropiate
    It's the NFL official ad during SuperBowl XLI, the end is good :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NQKck-W4XfQ

Good find. Powerful stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I hear you boys might be taking Randy moss.

Goodluck with that.

I hear you boys might be taking Randy moss.

Goodluck with that.

Yeah, i cant wait. :rolleyes:

But apparently Favre wants the Packers to take Moss!?

its his last year, i suppose he wants to try and have the best offensive team he can.

Go out in style, or go out in flames. Either way it should be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,192 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

With Ko-Ro and Moss together along with Driver and Jennings we'll have an unbeatable WR fleet. That's if Ko-Ro can stay out of prison and Moss can be arsed to play full out. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Dose of Reality Gentlemen:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=112

- 2006 was Favre's worst season ever in terms of completion percentage

- The last two seasons represent the worst and third worst ratings he has achieved in terms of passer rating (the second worst year he had was way back in 1993:eek: )

- He tied his worst ever record for average per completion (again 1993)

- He will be going into pre - season one year older

I think that he is past it I'm afraid. I predict that the wheels will completely fall off the wagon if he goes on for one more year. I would love an emotional final fling deep in the playoffs and hope that I am wrong - but it is difficult to look past the sharp drop off in stats over the past two seasons.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I think that he is past it I'm afraid. I predict that the wheels will completely fall off the wagon if he goes on for one more year. I would love an emotional final fling deep in the playoffs and hope that I am wrong - but it is difficult to look past the sharp drop off in stats over the past two seasons.

I suppose they have nothing to do with the team record? :rolleyes:

Slow coach wrote:
    I suppose they have nothing to do with the team record? :rolleyes:

And I suppose the team record has nothing to do with his diminishing play?? :rolleyes:

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    And I suppose the team record has nothing to do with his diminishing play?? :rolleyes:

Well, they went from 4-12 to 8-8, despite having 4 rookie starters on offence, and an all-rookie coaching staff. So their record is improving, which is entirely down to Favre, of course. Just like the 4-12 was down to him, too.

The old saying goes, you're only as good as your last game, and guess what, Green Bay are on a 4-0 streak. I guess that has nothing to do with Favre, either. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

LuckyLloyd wrote:

There are alot of factors as to why the Packers had a terrible last few years. The worst O-line in the NFL would be one of the main reasons. Brett Favre given time to throw still has it. He has little or no protection and was rushed far too many times in seasons gone. The Pack need to draft quality linemen. Tom Brady and The Pack's O-line wouldn't work either. Alright Brett is a tad bit slower than days gone but the man still has it. His throwing ability hasn't changed. Give him time in the pocket and the pack will do alright.

Ok Gentlemen. Good points have been made. The Packer's offensive front has been pretty awful the last couple of years I admit. We shall see...

• Advertisement

Worst O-Line in the NFL... who are you kiddin.... It wasn,t great but not the worst by a long shot. Losing Wahle and Flanagan was serious but the new guys did ok and with Tauscher and Clifton will be very solid next year.

In my opinion the loss of ol bag 'o doughnuts ..the dirtiest player in the NFL Mr Frank Winters was a major weakness a few years back... he and Favre were buddies and it showed in results....

2007 prediction... despite a tough schedule Pack to make playoffs..perhaps win the wild card game.....

Worst O-Line in the NFL... who are you kiddin.... It wasn,t great but not the worst by a long shot. Losing Wahle and Flanagan was serious but the new guys did ok and with Tauscher and Clifton will be very solid next year.

In my opinion the loss of ol bag 'o doughnuts ..the dirtiest player in the NFL Mr Frank Winters was a major weakness a few years back... he and Favre were buddies and it showed in results....

2007 prediction... despite a tough schedule Pack to make playoffs..perhaps win the wild card game.....

Sorry Ok I wont say worst how about 5th worst. Either way When I watch games I tend to watch the linemen being a lineman myself and The pressure on Favre every game was unbelievable. Alot of his interceptions were forced due to the fact he is one QB if he can he will refue to take a sack and throws the ball away. Towards the end of the season The O-line picked themselves up but alot of work needed. When your QB is a total pocket passer like Favre as he is slow as fook now. You got to do your best to give him that extra time or keep the pocket.

Packers wont make the play-offs.

Sorry Ok I wont say worst how about 5th worst. Either way When I watch games I tend to watch the linemen being a lineman myself and The pressure on Favre every game was unbelievable. Alot of his interceptions were forced due to the fact he is one QB if he can he will refue to take a sack and throws the ball away. Towards the end of the season The O-line picked themselves up but alot of work needed. When your QB is a total pocket passer like Favre as he is slow as fook now. You got to do your best to give him that extra time or keep the pocket.

Interesting... I tend to think it was the receivers that caused the problems.

basically Favre was operating with only Donald Driver due to injuries and the Pack don't tend to pass much to a tight end put extra pressure.
    I would be much more concerned about the receiving corps rather than the O-Line if it stays together!!

Chucky the Tree says the Pack won't make the playoffs.... he could be right...it will be another knife edge season.... thats for sure:p

Interesting... I tend to think it was the receivers that caused the problems.

basically Favre was operating with only Donald Driver due to injuries and the Pack don't tend to pass much to a tight end put extra pressure.
    I would be much more concerned about the receiving corps rather than the O-Line if it stays together!!

Chucky the Tree says the Pack won't make the playoffs.... he could be right...it will be another knife edge season.... thats for sure:p

Very True the receiver corp were a tad poor other than Driver but with the injury to Ferguson was unfortunate and Jennings looks like he will have a bright future.

You know the Pack where ranked 9th in the NFL with 3947 receiving yards. Towards the end of the season The Pack came alive and the ball moved in the air.

With Ferguson back next my opinion one decent of a receiver and two strong Offensive linemen they will be on the right track. They also took will Blackmon out of BC last year in the Draft. Blistering speed but only saw action as a returner and got injured. Another prospect if he can get fit this year and work hard to get some game time.

I can see the Pack in the Playoffs next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I'd like to see him go out with a bang, hes not a bad player and if the team get behind him he might get them a few more wins this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

How about they try and bring in Randy Moss as a deep threat?

Advertisement