Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velux V Fakro Window

Options
  • 02-02-2007 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hello

anyone got an opinion on Fakro or Velux windows?

Velux would have a stronger brand name but from what i've read Fakro has a lower figure of 1.4 W/M2 K when compared to velux 1.5 and they are also cheaper by about 25%.

Also, has anyone bothered with installing the electrical kits (for opening & closing, i'll have two windows that will be awkward the rest are fine)

Thanks in advance

a pint of plain is yer only man

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

For what its worth - I put Fakro windows into my place two years back & I'm delighted with them.

the only issue I had (& its not really a fault of the window) was that I couldn't find blinds for the attic skylight windows, but now there's a company doing them, even that issue is solved...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

thanks for the heads up on that

i hadn't even thought of the blinds (that's senior managements job):D :D

a pint of plain is yer only man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭qazxsw

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Deman,

Did you go with the Fakro after? Am ordering my own @ the moment and its a throw up between fakro and skylite! Not sure which one to go with!

Salmon

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Some of the new Velux windows seam to be very good,
    Has anybody installed them/
    They are the ones that can open to creat a mini balcony, seams to give alot of space in attic rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Velux blinds can be gotten anywhere and even though a bit dear, can be gotten in woodies etc sales and are good quality

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

I used 6 falkro's in my house - very happy with them and there in over a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Mellor wrote:
    Some of the new Velux windows seam to be very good,
    Has anybody installed them/
    They are the ones that can open to creat a mini balcony, seams to give alot of space in attic rooms.

I have installed the one that opens out as a songle person balcony in itself. I found Velux great in that they sent a person out to advise my roof guy on the installation.
    Also, I was told by one guy advising me on the build that Velux give very detailed specs - not sure if that is an advantage over Fakro.

Did any of you look at buying these in B&Q Newry?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

hi i eventually went for the velux windows,
    only for one reason, this being the integra range (automatic) that velux manufacture and supply

i have a few windows which are near the ridge and i wanted to be able to control them via remote control / X-10 unfortunately fakro don't make them

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dixiefly wrote:
    I have installed the one that opens out as a songle person balcony in itself. I found Velux great in that they sent a person out to advise my roof guy on the installation.
    Also, I was told by one guy advising me on the build that Velux give very detailed specs - not sure if that is an advantage over Fakro.

Did any of you look at buying these in B&Q Newry?
    Yeah, they're the ones, think the looked very well in velux show house/catalogue, they appear to give alot of extra space.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

Velux blinds can be gotten anywhere and even though a bit dear, can be gotten in woodies etc sales and are good quality
    Try an Acme Blinds shop. Same prices as velux direct but they offer free fitting.

Advertisement