Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom to seek Financial assistance for USO requirement

Options
  • 02-02-2007 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

This may already have been discussed at some point.. but as has been pointed out before on here what do I know, eh?

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/109-01.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Its now on page 111 BTW.
    http://www.rte.ie/aertel/111-01.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

If we didn't have a poodle for a regulator they would give it to them under the condition that
    512k down/128k up minimum broadband was put into the USO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Could they give conditions, like if we give you €x you must provide such and such a service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Why give it to eircom ? Why not give it to a neutral third party who won't have a vested interest in obstructing those that want to use its service ?

Mind you, even if terms and conditions are written in, what's the chances of the Government actually applying them (think contract for eVoting machines - paid for, even though they don't work, etc, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Liam Byrne wrote:
    Why give it to eircom ? Why not give it to a neutral third party who won't have a vested interest in obstructing those that want to use its service ?
    Eircom own the physical infrastructure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭niallb

Eircom own the physical infrastructure.
    That's a neat way to describe the outcome of this government's management of a network that should still be state owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Cheeky *****!

Comreg should buy out there ****ing infrastucture and that will learn them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

niallb wrote:
    That's a neat way to describe the outcome of this government's management of a network that should still be state owned.

I see you think a lot like Hugo Rafael Chávez Frías, and I don't really mean that in a negative way. That being said, do you actually think our government would manage the infrastructure properly and/or do a better job than Eircom? The best solution, in my mind, would be to fix the USO. I don't think a government owned and run network would solve any problems. Look at the roads...

Advertisement