Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S71 series...

Options
  • 02-02-2007 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Looking into getting a new display at the minute and like the look of the S71s from samsung, either the 37" or the 40".
    Having a very tough time finding reviews (google only seems to throw up price comparison sites these days) so was wondering if anyone on here owns one of these TVs and what they thought of it.
    I know that they're cheaper than the equivalent sized R and the M series and that it must have something to do with the panel quality and probably the picture quality and I haven't seen any of the S series in a shop where I could judge them side by side with the more expensive ones.
    Have seen the models I'm after at some great prices and am very tempted but don't wanna blow a wad on something that's not gonna offer good bang for the buck.
    Any opinions on these would be much appreciated.
    The display will be mainly used for HTPC, 360 and a sky box (when I get round to getting it installed)
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Nobody got one of these then?

I've spent the w/e trawling shops in the dundalk/drogheda area and while a lot carry samsung, none seemed to have any size of this particular model on display.
    Likewise, hunted on AVforums and the like and whilst there's a lot of people asking for opinions on the models, there's no actula responses....trustedreviews, cnet and the like have nothing about them either.

11082006175935.jpg

Here's a pic in case anyone has one and doesn't realise it (:D)
    The 37" and 40" can be had online for €1050-1200 delivered and I much prefer the actual bezel and look of the TV over the R series.

Anyone?

It's pretty pathetic when a google search's first hit is the thread you posted a few days earlier lol...

Advertisement