Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eircom Wallet Raping Scam

Options
  • 02-02-2007 8:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Eircom have applied to Comreg to rape our wallets again. Not content with the highest line rental on the planet eircom now want a subsidy from the taxpayer as well .

This is in addition to offloading the 999 service on McDowell and the next line rental increase which is imminent .

The criminal assets bureau would be better placed to deal with them than comreg :( do it please !

more.

http://www.finfacts.com/irelandbusinessnews/publish/article_10008936.shtml

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I find this hard to stomach, This is a complete joke really. If we had a competent regulator they would tell eircom where to go. The only way this should go ahead is if the Uso is updated to include 512k minimum broadband connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

In summary, ComReg’ preliminary views are that the relevant date for assessing Eircom’s current application for funding should be its most recent financial period, commencing on 1 April, 2006

What a coincidence, April Fools day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

I personally cannot see Eircom being able to put up their line rental anymore. There must be hundreds if not thousands of people switching over to Digiweb's Metro service. Surely they are losing losing a massive amount of customers each day?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

hence why they need to increase line rental ( as if they are going to actually better their network to keep customers lol, that actually costs money )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

it will be most important for rural peeps to write to comreg to ensure that the purpose of the consultation MUST BE to get them the same quality of line as an urban person. Comreg ARE going to basically roll over like the dopey flea and worm ridden lapdog they always were but lets TRY to make UNIVERSAL kinda mean what it says on the can for once.

eircom simply do not provide a universla Functional Internet access in rural areas and should therefore recieve no funding to carry on doing nothing . any funding they do get should be SLA based with 100% guarantees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

And how much do eircom charge eircom to dig a trench or put up a pole compared with regular building contractor or even An Bord Gais? That inflates the apparent cost of rural provision.

Then if you are rural you have to pay them xxx hundreds for each pole anyway. But WAIT! eircom have a national 3.5GHz licence, they could deliver phone AND 1Mbps bb on that cheaper than digging holes for poles.

exactly, by not utilising wimax in rural areas, they can maintain their justifaction for line rental increases and USO compensation due to the exhorbitant price of providing service to rural areas.

I hope comreg have grown even half a brain in the last few months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

JNive wrote:
    I hope comreg have grown even half a brain in the last few months.

they have gone backwards if anything.

its because they have gone backward that eircom reckon Comreg are a soft touch at present, while Isolde was in charge they did not try this one on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I personally cannot see Eircom being able to put up their line rental anymore. There must be hundreds if not thousands of people switching over to Digiweb's Metro service. Surely they are losing losing a massive amount of customers each day?

And don't forget Blueface. How much is the proposed Line Rental increase anyway?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Problem is not everyone can get wireless w/o phoneline. I live in Dublin 2 but with high buildings around my house I am left with no option but to get a phoneline (which has so far taken more than 3 months).

Eircom are a complete joke, the fact is if they were a competent company I'd have been paying line rental for the last 3 months.

• Advertisement

and now that eircom ( in conjuction with motorola and another company, the Tetra Ireland Consortium ) are bidding for the government contract to build a national secure wireless network for access by non-commercial public bodies such as emergency services, gardai etc, makes my spine shiver. Eircom want to get in on yet another national infrastructure lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

watty wrote:
    Then if you are rural you have to pay them xxx hundreds for each pole anyway. But WAIT! eircom have a national 3.5GHz licence, they could deliver phone AND 1Mbps bb on that cheaper than digging holes for poles.

Matter of fact, you'll find places around, where they provided the phoneservice wirelessly. A few houses in Doorus for example, outside Kinvara, Co. Galway. Wireless phone from Mervue. Only problem: the phone only works 1 out of 3 days and still costs the same line rental. Broadband from 2 non-Eircom providers has higher uptime in that area ;)

/Marlow

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Notice it is Finance Dept. Not DMCMR for Tetra.

Chorus lost their Wireless licence and had done more with it than eircom.

The reason that eircom is looking at fixed wimax is that other operators are already using quite good fixed wireless (not ripwave) and don't need to waste money upgrading what works, but eircom does need to upgrade its wireless which often is only very basic WLL able to do 64k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Wouldn't it be great (in some wonderful fantasy world) if Comreg reviewed eircons case and decided they had to compensate the public for failing to properly fulfil their USO? :D

Advertisement