Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

singer of the song???

Options
  • 02-02-2007 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

I used to have a cassette tape called "when I grow up" I believe the singer was from galway and I think his name was Brien O'Rourke. Thing is, I lent it to someone and cant get it back. I would love to get my hands on it again but have tried vairous places. If anyone can help me I would be trilled. I know its a long shot but worth a try eh?
    some of the songs in it were
    "Chantelle"
    "When I grow up"
    "Drumshnot"
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

anybody?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭sgthighway

What year was the music from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

google is your friend ?
    The song you are chasing is "When I grow up" by Brian O'Rourke.

It may be found on the cassette recording of the same name (Camus Productions CP010)

The contents are as follows:

1 When I grow up (air: By the bright silvery light of the moon/Sive Song -ish)

(Oh I am a year old kid, I'm worth scarcely twenty quid,
    I'm the kind of beast that you might well look down on;
    But my value will increase at the time of my decease,
    For when I grow up I want to be a bodhra/n.)

2 Late News
    (based on the contents of a schoolgirl's letter found on the beach)

3 Do/nal O/g Replies

4 Lonely Person
    (gorgeous tune and a great chorus)

5 Drumsnot
    (epic account of a mythical place by that name - 20 verses - has to be heard to be believed)

6 Song for Marianne
    (bitter-sweet encounter)

7 The whole story
    (shortest love song ever)

8 Anne's Song
    (about a kind-hearted woman who rescued a horse from the butcher and about her relationship with said animal)

9 Your place or mine?
    (to the air of "The Bogs of Shanaheever" - about the implications of the recent discovery of commercially viable quantities of gold on and around Croagh Patrick)

10 Chantal de Champignon
    (a 33 verse comic epic about the author's encounter with a French woman)

Advertisement