Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prepaid visa card

Options
  • 02-02-2007 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hello

Anyone know of a prepaid visa card available to irish residents,
    I do not mean a voucher or virtual type card. I am interested
    in a physical visa card.

louis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd imagine www.3v.ie is the best you're going to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭louis346789

Hi

3v is a virtual card. I am interested in a prepaid real card. There are loads available to UK residents but I cannot see one available to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't think such a thing exists in Ireland. Maybe a VISA gift card might be something to look into (if available in Ireland), ask your local bank perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't think any non-virtual ones are available in Ireland at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

If you have a regular income just apply for a normal one. then when you get it ring them up & ask them to reduce your limit. Don't know if it can be reduced to zero but credit card team work beside me in work - i'll ask someone on monday.

If you're under 18 I doubt it's possible. You can "force credit" with c/cards & laser & if you're under 18 they have no legal right to go after the fudns you've acquired so they won't give you the facility

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There's a prepaid card issued by MBNA, but it's got high charges to both load and redeem the balance.
    It's a physical Visa Electron card which can be used anywhere that accepts Visa Electron.

http://www.mbnagift.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭louis346789

Thanks a million.

This is the information we require.

Louis

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bau4uman

moneybookers.com i have a prepaid mastercard. no charges till now. and is working everywhere, except littlewoods. cheers

Advertisement