Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying English Poetry - Revision

Options
  • 02-02-2007 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

What exactly do you do when studying english poetry?
    Would you advise on doing it a certain way?

I look at the poem, then the notes, and shorten the notes to a few lines, memorising some important quotes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I make bullet points on the history of the poet and then make bullet points about each poem seperately. Then a selection of quotes.

For this, I guess you need to understand the poems properly and know what the quotes mean etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I have 25 flashcards, one for each poem, they have important quotes, themes, the poem I can tie it in with, and what I could say in the essay. It really helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Uh.. one teacher tells me 5 poets is sufficient, each with 6 poems, what really is the required?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

5 is fine, because at least one has to show....then factor in woman/irish poet, they have much higher chances that the rest.

5 poems by each, you won't have time for 6. 4 is pushing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Oops, I thought four poems was ideal :S It's good to KNOW 6 poems though so you can adapt to the question.

• Advertisement
Advertisement