Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you hate school?

Options
  • 02-02-2007 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Normally I HATE it, this years okay because it's flying

And by that I mean going fast, not literally flying.

Do you HATE school? 16 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 16 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Don't mind it too much tbh. Doing subjects I (mainly) enjoy, plenty of free classes, good craic with the lads. What more can a man ask for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Well the actual classes suck, but in between talking to everyone is great. I have to say I'm loving it right now, despite all the work we have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

meh, only in junior cert
    i hate school!
    i hate people talking all that crap about how people need school time to talk to friends and how everyone actually enjoys the whole process.
    the classes are crap. lunch is meh[time limit-not able to go to certain places cause of it] .and about friends........well you dont need to go to school to tlak to your friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Yes, I have quite literally hated every day of school since the beginning of fifth year. At least there is only four months left:)
    School is more of a prison/day time job than an Educational Institution.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Nah, school is grand. My classes are for the most part enjoyable, I'm glad I picked all my options, and it's within 5 minutes walking distance of my house! Couldn't ask for more except... being in college. But that'll come with time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Steve01 wrote:
    Don't mind it too much tbh. Doing subjects I (mainly) enjoy, plenty of free classes, good craic with the lads. What more can a man ask for?
    A couple of dolly birds'd also be nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

im sick of school... i love all the girls like but jesus i cant wait to get out of the place! thank god its only til june....

and then glorious glorious freedom!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I dont mind it TBH. Sure I've been in one for fourteen years so Im used to it by now. But of course, the freedom of not having to go back will be sweeeeeet. Im not to disappointed to be Leaving it all behind now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I hate it! Did TY so most of my friends are in college now. It just sucks, it's so boring, the stress is unbelievable and they brought in a stupid ban last October banning crisps and all fizzy drinks, which means we all have to furtively eat crips out of our bags at lunchtime. It just makes school suck more.

:eek: how can they ban crisps and fizzy drinks?? isnt that like breakin some sort of basic human right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

so did our school last year.........doesnt make a diff though cause only about 10 people stay in the school at lunchtime

that sucks!!! i think they might've tried to do that to us years ago but gave up or somethin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Yeah, the vending machines have gone in our school this year. Now there's a tuck shop selling buideal uisce and nutri grains. I blame the EU...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't hate school now, but there was a long time when I did. Basically, feelings don't matter in school so I've learned how to turn myself into a robot devoid of any concept of hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Isn't it just a stupid ban! I don't have a problem with encouraging healthy food, which they also did, but outright banning 'unhealthy' stuff. Pahh!!! The vending machines went years ago because the first years were getting too hyper. But there's a shop right outside the school gates, and a Mace across the road...and a Eurospar further up the same road as the school. Ha!

It is funny when you see the 2nd years etc being really obvious with crisps/fizzy drinks though, and the vice principal carrying several bags of crisps, and about 3 cokes at break though.

its great fun in our school! they got rid of all the vending machines a few years ago and only 6th yrs are allowed out for lunch (wahey!) so all the little mad yokes try to sneak out and then they get caught and its funny as hell cos they're like crying outside the principal's office... thats probably the only good thing left about school! its comforting to know that all these little people have sufferin ahead of them too! ah sadism.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

It's not the school itself I hate, I just don't like the whole study part.
    And getting up early in the morning :P

Oh and we have the food ban aswell. They don't even sell chips in our school! The vending machines have those Alpen bars in them all the time :rolleyes:

And only 6th years are allowed leave the school for lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sexpot

No, its the leaving cert I hate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I'm in TY but yeah I like school. There's a few dickheads but most people are fine, classes are fun, good facilities, but lunch time in Bushy Park is the best part of the day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 *dream09*

I'm in 5th year. It was such a shock to have all this work after doing TY. I do enjoy school though, it's good for seeing your friends and just the general laughs but some classes where you're sitting there "please don't ask me, please don't ask me" now them i hate, and the homework i hate too...what was i saying again?

• Advertisement
Advertisement