Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What phase are you on?

• 02-02-2007 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

We all get phases of listening to particular albums/songs, what's yours right now?

Myself, i'm listening to a lot of ratm's debut and vai's passion and warfare... The song i can't get enough of right now is Ballroom Blitz by The Sweet... heh heh, tis cocking... ahem, i mean rocking!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I'm going through Three Days Grace, Early Deep Purple and about to embark on a renewed interest in Finger Eleven when the new album comes out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I went through a phase of listening to Ballroom Blitz over and over last summer. Right now I cannot get enough of Penumbra " Neutral".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

A lot of Marilyn Manson recently - particularly Golden Age of Grotesque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i'm always in a weird phase. right now loving ratm, soulwax & daft punk.

good luck figuring that out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

borknagar and other prog/folk influenced black metal such as vintersorg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Otep particularly the slower songs and Buried alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I'm going through a bizarre phase of:
    Pantera
    Nouvelle Vague
    The Desert Sessions
    Mr. Scruff
    In Flames

It makes no sense, but I'm enjoying it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

im on fear factory and fightstar:eek:
    even i dont understand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 PlatonicDisease

I'm currently in the thrall of Phil Anselmo's solo outings with his band Down. The two records he put out with this band, 'Down: NOLA' ('95) and 'Down II: A Bustle In Your Hedgerow' ('02), are giving me the thrills for the last few days.

And also Corrosion of Conformity's albums of the '90s (Blind, Deliverance, Wiseblood) are stuff that I'm revisiting and learning to love, because I've always preferred COC's early hardcore punk/Metal material from the '80s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Le Tigre and Ulver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Currently listening to a huge amount of Benighted, just got my hands on their discography and have been listening to it non stop for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Still metalcore... New material from Killswitch Engage, Lamb Of God, Unearth, As I Lay Dying and All That Remains.

Mid range being taken care of Bill Peck's new band, Exit The Ride. And lighter moments being looked after by Chris Daughtry's album, it makes me feel dirty but its annoyingly good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Mother Love Bone.

Shut up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

At the moment, Dream Theater and Vai's heavier stuff. Also, an album by my brother's old band that was released in 1997, that I can never seem to get enough of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Otep particularly the slower songs and Buried alive.

Glad to see somebody else listens to Otep, I'm more into the quiet weird stuff like Tortured & Shattered Pieces than heavy songs

I'm in a phase of listening to

Lycia
    Requiem For A Dream soundtrack by Clint Mansell
    Godspeed You Black Emperor!

and thts pretty much it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

At the moment Im stuck on Muse new album, Pearl Jam live, and Coheed & Cambria- Apollo 4. Spinal Tap is also in there, not always on until I need a good laugh

Mushy wrote:
    At the moment Im stuck on Muse new album, Pearl Jam live, and Coheed & Cambria- Apollo 4. Spinal Tap is also in there, not always on until I need a good laugh

Break like the wind is one of my favourite albums :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

ISIS and The Melvins feature a lot.

Numina wrote:
    Glad to see somebody else listens to Otep, I'm more into the quiet weird stuff like Tortured & Shattered Pieces than heavy songs

I'm in a phase of listening to

Lycia
    Requiem For A Dream soundtrack by Clint Mansell
    Godspeed You Black Emperor!

and thts pretty much it

Yeah ,they are really good. I really like their weird stuff aswell.

I didnt realise there was a soundtrack out for Requiem for a dream, I loved the music in that movie!!

I just listened to Godspeed You Black Emperor! I think the song was called albanian, Its not on any albums apparently, someone recorded it live, on youtube. They're ****ing brilliant!!!!!! There is another band called godspeed isnt there? They are different to Godspeed You Black Emperor! arent they?

cheers
    chris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Yeah ,they are really good. I really like their weird stuff aswell.

I didnt realise there was a soundtrack out for Requiem for a dream, I loved the music in that movie!!

I just listened to Godspeed You Black Emperor! I think the song was called albanian, Its not on any albums apparently, someone recorded it live, on youtube. They're ****ing brilliant!!!!!! There is another band called godspeed isnt there? They are different to Godspeed You Black Emperor! arent they?

cheers
    chris

just checked it on wiki, there 2 other bands called Godspeed, one is an american heavy metal band that was on the Nativity In Black tribute album for sabbath, and the other is a christian rock band, careful when buying the Requiem soundtrack, there a remix version of it also (which i haven't listened to yet)

• Advertisement

Yeah I was thinking of the heavy metal band.

Godspeed You Black Emperor! are really, good , ive listened to a few songs now,they are brilliant.

also any chance of a link to lycia ? I checked on youtube , but couldnt find anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sofaspud wrote:
    Break like the wind is one of my favourite albums

Must say I only have the black album one, the soundtrack that is. "My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo, I wanna sink her with my pink torpedo" I cried laughing when I heard that. Pity it was on a bus:D

Mushy wrote:
    Must say I only have the black album one, the soundtrack that is. "My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo, I wanna sink her with my pink torpedo" I cried laughing when I heard that. Pity it was on a bus:D

That album is great too, but Break Like The Wind is a lot more professional, and has many special guests, including Cher, Slash, Steve Lukather, Dweezil Zappa, Joe Satriani . . . .
    It also has a refined version of "All The Way Home" on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Opeth and Jerry Cantrell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Yeah I was thinking of the heavy metal band.

Godspeed You Black Emperor! are really, good , ive listened to a few songs now,they are brilliant.

also any chance of a link to lycia ? I checked on youtube , but couldnt find anything.
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor

That is how it is punctuated.

tbh

ok . sorry.

Advertisement