Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Sports News - Legends

• 03-02-2007 12:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

I will be the first to admit I watch a fair bit of Sky Sports News, I know it is a tabloid station but it is relatively good for transfer info, interviews etc

However, earlier tonight I was watching the blue info bar that gives out team news for the weekend games, it was going through the fixtures, then in the middle it had "Ronaldo charged with speeding" and then went back to team news etc. I found it so funny because they had it plonked in there just for the sake of it, such a pointless piece of information which has nothing to do with soccer.
    They must be struggling for actual sports news.
    On the bottom of the screen then they had the news about the death of italian police official on a yellow bar running across the screen, it was funny to see the two pieces of news together at the same time, such a major issued compared with someone driving too fast.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I will be the first to admit I watch a fair bit of Sky Sports News, I know it is a tabloid station but it is relatively good for transfer info, interviews etc
    You make it out like watching SSN is frowned upon. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

eirebhoy wrote:

I almost feel dirty after watching it sometimes :D , watched a good bit of the Fox soccer channel when i was living in America and it reminds me of that sometimes, that channel was just cringing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

eirebhoy wrote:

it is in my house

the channel is desperately bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

SSN isnt the worst channel. Although I agree with the OP, it is a tabloid station. The only difference is when Soccer saturday is on, I could nearly, I said nearly, watch all of that. Chris Kamara...best commentator for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

from 12 to 3 on Saturday is very good to be fair, good banter between Jeff Stelling and ex players such as LeTissier, Merson, Phil Thompson, alot of off the cuff comments and its not scripted too much i say, good to see a bit of debate unlike most things on the channel.
    Kamara gets to pick manager of month for lower divisions doesn't he... I find that very funny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

yes Soccer Saturday is good but the actual news bit of the channel is terrible. it is a rolling advert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Would be a lot better if someone would shoot phil thompson though
    Guy gets on my nerves
    Bring back rodney marsh !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I almost feel dirty after watching it sometimes :D , watched a good bit of the Fox soccer channel when i was living in America and it reminds me of that sometimes, that channel was just cringing

Aren't they both owned by Murdoch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

ah SSN aint that bad, nice to have on-the-fly reports even if sometimes they are clutching at straws...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

To be fair it's not that bad, useful for keeping up with things like transfer info, catching the goals from a game you didn't see or whatever.

But the funniest thing is during the soccer off-season when they really struggle to find worthwhile content. And the whole thing with Rooney's foot was surely the most over-the-top reporting ever. They might as well have attached a camera to his foot so we could watch it heal! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

That Georgie Thompson though... isn't it worth watching just for her? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Soccer Saturday is very good to be honest. And your one Dalglish is savage!!

Advertisement