Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony PSP - retailer not accepting return

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 poolergirl

Forgot to say - I used the Small Claims Court online process. €9 to put in a claim and very user friendly and efficient service - e-mail next day saying claim was accepted and you can log on to check the status on the website using a PIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

GAME in the Square are dreadful to deal with. I've had several problems with them in the past and their managerial attitude appears to be 'tough ****' if you ever have a problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Don't forget to ask the dude from game for something to cover your trouble and the court fee. (He doesn't have to do this, but if he has any sense, he will.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

poolergirl wrote:
    Forgot to say - I used the Small Claims Court online process. €9 to put in a claim and very user friendly and efficient service - e-mail next day saying claim was accepted and you can log on to check the status on the website using a PIN.

nice one - good on you. Let us know how it went. I was passing by game on Friday so I went in and asked about PSP's (I already have one, but I pretended I was interested in buying one). I said "I assume if there are any problems I can just bring it back?" and the guy said "If there are hardware problems, you'll have to return it to Sony". I said "what? that can't be right, under the sale of goods act my contract is with you, not sony" and he said "that's shop policy I'm afraid" - my cue to say "forget it so" and walk out. It might be a different story if I go in again today :D

Result: Got a replacement PSP from Game Head Office in UK with 2 free games and a fully functional promo and also a carry cover for the games - they arrived yesterday. We also got to keep the charger, battery etc from the faulty PSP as spares. The HO customer service guy was extremely pleasant to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

^^ Woo Hoo!!! Great! Been keeping eye on this since you started it....Good to hear you got sorted.

poolergirl **Outside Game,waving new PSP at manager**

That's exactly what I feel like doing (wave it outside Game) but I am sure that Head Office have notified them of the outcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

An Idea -

Send a thank you letter to the HQ in UK and with it send a printed copy of this thread to them - they will be very grateful and you may just see a change of attitude in the branches over here! - You might even get more free stuff!!!!

Advertisement