Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Voicemail

Options
  • 03-02-2007 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hey all,

A little random problem appeared recently, No matter how many times I activate my voice mail, It always keeps ringing and never goes to voice mail. It used to the recently suddenly stopped,

Anyone ever had this happen to them?

Thanks!

~ Idgeitman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

My mom has this problem all the time too. Rang up customer support and they didn't seem to know what to do :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MickH503

Idgeitman wrote:
    Hey all,

A little random problem appeared recently, No matter how many times I activate my voice mail, It always keeps ringing and never goes to voice mail. It used to the recently suddenly stopped,

Anyone ever had this happen to them?

Thanks!

~ Idgeitman
    Sorry for asking the obvious, but are your diverts on the phone turned on/ set up the right way?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

It sounds like your voicemail has been disabled.

Put the code ##002# into the phone to confirm that the voicemail has been disabled.

Then put in the code **61* then 08(your prefix eg: 5)5 and the rest of your number. This should re-activate the voicemail on your phone.

Now go to the diverts menu and select 'divert when not answered'. This will ask you to enter your voicemail number which is 3538(your prefix eg: 5)5 and the rest of your number.

Then call 08(your prefix eg: 5)5 and the rest of your number to make sure you have followed the steps correctly.

Your missed calls should be diverting to voicemail at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

7.Ronaldo wrote:
    It sounds like your voicemail has been disabled.

Put the code ##002# into the phone to confirm that the voicemail has been disabled.

Then put in the code **61* then 08(your prefix eg: 5)5 and the rest of your number. This should re-activate the voicemail on your phone.

Now go to the diverts menu and select 'divert when not answered'. This will ask you to enter your voicemail number which is 3538(your prefix eg: 5)5 and the rest of your number.

Then call 08(your prefix eg: 5)5 and the rest of your number to make sure you have followed the steps correctly.

Your missed calls should be diverting to voicemail at this stage.

I tried the **61*0865xxxxxxx and im just getting a voice saying "cannot be reached"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Text 'mail' to 50102 and see if that works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

chrislad wrote:
    Text 'mail' to 50102 and see if that works.

I got a msg back saying it was already set up, and to check the settings

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've seen this before. What needs to happen is that you need to ring 1905. Tell them that your voice mail isn't working. You need the tech dept to take off your voice mail and put it back on again. That should sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

I have been having this problem since I became a Meteor customer 14 months ago. I want to be able to set up Call Divert for All Calls as and when I need to, but Meteor don't let me.
    I have been on the phone to them countless times and they have told me Call Divert for ALL CALLS is set up, but when I ring my mobile from another number, it rings for the max amount of time before going to voicemail. I don't want my phone to ring at all, but I don't want to have to switch it off either. Meteor Customer Support don't appear to understand that and ask me how many seconds I want it to ring before switching to voicemail. I try to explain each time and they put me on hold then come back and tell me it's all set up. But it never is.
    Out of curiosity, I have tried selecting 5 secs, 10 secs, etc. and that never works either. I get the error message "Request Rejected".
    They gave me a code to use to set up Call Divert - *21# - but when I use that I get the error message "Request Not Completed".
    I texted "mail" to 50102 and was told I have already set up my voicemail.:(
    I have been into Meteor shops and tried to explain to the staff there and been told to call 1905.
    :mad:I am just about ready to switch to another SIM provider, can anyone let me know if Meteor actually provide this service?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

chrislad wrote: »
    I've seen this before. What needs to happen is that you need to ring 1905. Tell them that your voice mail isn't working. You need the tech dept to take off your voice mail and put it back on again. That should sort it.

+1 for this.

Had the same thing happen to me and they sorted it after a number of calls to 1905.

I've been calling 1905 and they keep telling me my Call Divert is activated. Once, they put me through to the tech dept and they verified I was set up. But when I rang back a few mins later and asked for the tech dept, I was told they don't pass calls to the tech dept.

However, I have now been in contact with someone from Meteor who has volunteered to have a look at my problem and maybe sort it out....;)

• Advertisement

cardol wrote: »
    I've been calling 1905 and they keep telling me my Call Divert is activated. Once, they put me through to the tech dept and they verified I was set up. But when I rang back a few mins later and asked for the tech dept, I was told they don't pass calls to the tech dept.

However, I have now been in contact with someone from Meteor who has volunteered to have a look at my problem and maybe sort it out....;)

And the nice man in Meteor Clonmel sorted it out for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dots86

Meteor customer care are absolutely useless! The only way you will get anywhere with them is by saying you are going to switch to another network if the problem is not fixed!

Anyway, after having the same problem of my voicemail not working and being onto the customer care a number of times, I managed to solve the problem myself. The above methods didn't work for me, but this did:

-Input your voicemailbox number as 08 (prefix e.g.7), follwed by 5 and the rest of your number (number will be something like 08751231342)
    -Activate call diverts to "When not answered"

Hope this helps some others, it seems to be a very common problem with meteor!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Idgeitman wrote: »
    I tried the **61*0865xxxxxxx and im just getting a voice saying "cannot be reached"

You need to put a # on the end.

ring 1905 and get them to set it up for you. They can do it all for you from their side, including setting up the call diversion for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fairchild

hello,

i can confirm that following worked for me on my iphone with meteor payg

my nr. 0851 23 4567

deleted forwarding to voicemail with ##002#
    re- activated with

**61*085 5 1234567#

• Registered Users Posts: 12 S4astliv

fairchild wrote: »
    hello,

i can confirm that following worked for me on my iphone with meteor payg

my nr. 0851 23 4567

deleted forwarding to voicemail with ##002#
    re- activated with

**61*085 5 1234567#

I can confirm this worked for me. Thanks.

Advertisement