Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal buying experiences

Options
  • 03-02-2007 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im thinking of buying something off off ebay in the states. Its reasonably expensive (over E500), but not protected by the paypal buyer protection.

Anyway, presuming i pay through paypal, using my credit card, if I get scammed, what are the chances the credit card company will cover it (i believe its called a chargeback)? ie has anyone gone through the experience of a claim, or know anyone who has?

EDIT - should be moved to online buying & auctions obviously. Apologies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I sell on paypal. I think you are probably reasonably secure. You can chargeback, or you can use paypal's internal process (which you should do first). Maybe I am wrong about this; you should check with paypal.

That said, if you think you are not reasonably sure that the seller is legit, you should not do the deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

As mentioned, check the feedback and length of time the seller has been operating. Check their last few items sold for anything suspicious. If it turns out to be a scam, you can start the process with eBay until you are satisfied with the outcome.
    Remember you will probably be paying customs duty when it arrives in Ireland from the US.

Advertisement