Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waistcoat as part as Tux.

Options
  • 03-02-2007 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

My debs is on thursday and im picking up my tux in the next few days, yer one inside there said you can choose your waistcoat if you want one when you pick the tux up. Im trying to decide if i even want one or not. I think they look a bit tacky, does anyone else think this? Everyone seems to be getting them but i think the ol' white shirt, black dickie bow and black jacket looks much better.

Waistcoat with a tux? 12 votes

Yay
    0% 0 votes
    Nay
    100% 12 votes

Comments

I personally like them.

Might get more of a response o'er at the Fashion & Appearance forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Only novelty waistcoats are cool, someone had a Flintstones one at our last years one. But what you've said looks a bit too...I dunno..MIB? Black shirt, tux and a tie matching the colour of the girl's dress, or a colour from her dress looks much better imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

wear a black tie instead of a bow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

no u need the bow tie.just a normal black tie and it will look like a funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

i like waistcoats! if all else fails you can take it off anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Depends on the person and the colour of the waistcoat really, say on you...naaaaah, on...Johnnie, yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Yeah, I'm not gonna wear a tux at all. A suit with the same colour shirt and tie'll do me fine...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm getting a waistcoat, but only because I don't have to worry about matching with a date's dress! You know the story yourself! ;):)

For my debs, my boyfriend is wearing a pinstripe tux with a silver waistcoat. Or else. /glares at person in question.

Oh, and there will be chocolates and flowers for my mother. And a purple or black corsage. Goddamnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

A black corsage? You big goff. I got an oversized white lily:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Rozabeez wrote:
    For my debs, my boyfriend is wearing a pinstripe tux with a silver waistcoat. Or else. /glares at person in question.

Oh, and there will be chocolates and flowers for my mother. And a purple or black corsage. Goddamnit.

Yes Mistress...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'm assuming it's the Ardscoil debs, so wear a waistcoat and matching cravat....don't wear a bow....Only about 3 people did 2 years ago, everyone else had cravats or normal ties

Yeah lads, it's Limerick, ye don't need to be classy! I kid, I kid, I love the Ardscoil folk.

On a lighter note: /sing song voice. An_Fhile has no daaaaaaaaaate, An_Fhile has no daaaaaaaaate!!

Rozabeez wrote:
    Yeah lads, it's Limerick, ye don't need to be classy! I kid, I kid, I love the Ardscoil folk.

On a lighter note: /sing song voice. An_Fhile has no daaaaaaaaaate, An_Fhile has no daaaaaaaaate!!

I'll have you know Ardscoil is the best public school in the city for guys!!!:D

Anyhow, can somebody please explain to me how a bow tie is classy???? Cravats look much better, and the aul date thinks it's great if you can get a cravat and waistcoat to match her dress!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Snooker players wear bow ties. Some of them are classy.

Case closed.

But...you HAVE to wear a bow tie so that your date can steal it by the end of the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Just got the ol' tux there, tried it on, looks good :D Didnt get the waistcoat and it still looks good, so happy days!

Ninty9er, Ardscoil is quite the legendary school! But we lost to comp in the senior cup today......again

You'll all look BEAUTIFUL! Oh I am so very upset to be missing this debs. /Cry.

Ninty9er, Ardscoil is quite the legendary school! But we lost to comp in the senior cup today......again
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

At least there's the excuse of "we had our debs to be thinking of...."

Is it an unofficial one again or has she finally given in after Darragh's stunt last year

It's unofficial again this year. I was asked to help organise it, but politely declined due to a sudden case of spine-less-ness... We didn't even ask for an official one, knew there was no point. What exactly was "Darragh's stunt" last year? I've heard rumours but I've never been told the full story.

• Advertisement
Advertisement