Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

undertaker says it best, when he says nothing at all.

• 03-02-2007 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

We had a big argument in here not so long ago about the undertaker and i think the RAW, ECW and SD shows this week proved my point that the undertaker is great for the wwe show not as a wrestler, not as a talker (lord save us) but as a figure in the distance with the sound of his music in the background and the fog filling the air all around him, and everyone.
    To see the undertaker in this presence sends a chill down your spin and i am full sure all the wrestlers, sorry, superstars, feel this chill. The undertaker says it best when he says nothing at all. I remember the very first time the undertaker first spoke, the very first thought that came into my head that day was 'jesus, shut him up'

Other superstars that say it best when they say nothing at all. Lashley, RVD, the Hardy brothers, hass, scotty 2 hotty, val venis, victoria, Batista, Benoit, london, and kendrick.

Also, not a fan of these guys
    Cena
    he is ok except for when he is trying to be funny. stay away from the jokes john and you will be ok.
    Nitro----he should be good, but i reckon his voice lets him down.
    Jimmy wang yang----he can talk, but a red neck, who is buying that. have to see him talking about something else to know if the mic is for him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

You're not wrong. The picture of him rising up through flames on RAW that they had on wwe.com was worth a thousand words. All of them curse words.

Although I enjoyed him as a biker, while he's the deadman he just shouldn't talk. Ever. No 'you will rest in peeeace' stuff: its dated and unconvincing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I would love to see Cena turn heel again!
    Think HBK should be put into a triple threat at WM with Cena and Taker!
    Lord knows that they'll need all the help they can get in that match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Right so HHH,
    who can cut a promo in the WWE, the best at the mo has to be cena(im not a fan but it is his promos that put him over)
    Taker isnt the best but in fairness,he has been stuck with nearly the same gimmick for 15 years? he aint doing to bad with it....

We all know HBK and edge can but who else can?
    I also dont count booker t as he has only been able to cut promos with his latest gimmick so i cant rate that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

On that original list some I disagree with. Kendrick is hilarious on the mic. At the minute he's effective in the team with London just doing the matches and saying nothing but some of the stuff I've seen him do shows he can cut a good promo. Anyone remember when he rapped against Cena? I thought that was hilarious and the crowd were red hot for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think Mr Kennedy is good on the mike, has a good voice for it. As mentioned, Nitro should be good. Other then that, no one looks like to step up to the mike in the same way Edge and Cena can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I also dont count booker t as he has only been able to cut promos with his latest gimmick so i cant rate that

I wouldn't call that a fair assessment. Ric Flair is one of the best promo guys ever, but he's only done them with the one gimmick. If the promos work for your gimmick, that's all that matters. And I think Booker has been brilliant on the mic with his King character

Kennedy is very good on the mic, but from what I've seen, he's better when he does his own stuff. For instance, he was brilliant on Byte This, which was obviously his own stuff, but he was terrible when he was guest-commentating on SD when he got injured, which was more than likely him being told what to say

Trevor Murdoch's great on the mic. He was doing film reviews on Raw or WWE.com about a year ago I think. It was a crap topic for him to be talking about, but he really made the most of it and it was entertaining

Val Venis is good on the mic, but he's outgrown his gimmick I think, which makes him look stupid. Stevie Richards and Al Snow have always been great on the mic, but hardly ever used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ultimate warrior. :)

In saying that, Jericho is sorely missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

And Warrior's still cuttin those promos! He seems to have the opinions of an idiot, but a very high intelligence, which makes his most ridiculous statements sound somewhat reasonable..if you can decipher what he's actually saying

Indeed.

I have no idea what he's babbling about in this clip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

He does seem to start his promos somewhere in the middle of what he has to say which kinda is to be a weird way to appeal to the general public. Of course he isn't the only to come up with complete garbage and make it sound interesting having watched the Legion of Doom DVD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

noone cut a promo like angle at his peak, the doctor of hugonomics, noone..
    Cena Angle battle rap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Christian does a damn good Warrior impression!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

One of the best dvds i ever got :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

i take it back,well some of it!

Taker is great on the mic but also is the best guy to cut a promo without saying anything,period

Last night was a perfect example of the title of this thread.
    His actions spoke for themselves.

Advertisement