Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

essay

Options
  • 03-02-2007 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I must write an essay on mystical experiences in relation to early greek philosophy. If anyone has any useful suggestions about stuff to include, I would be most appreciative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

i can help you but you'll have to be more specific about what you mean by mystical experiences. certainly look at plato's theory of the forms anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

well we have to come up with our own essay titles. I was thinking maybe "Is mystical revelation a transcendent disclosure of truth?"

If you have a better suggestion though I would like to hear it.

Basically I just wanna write about mystical experiences but it must have something to do with early Greek philosophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

What do you mean by 'mystical', just experience of an unexplainable beyond?

I'd recommend a guy called Eric Voegelin. Order and History II or III would do it for you, or both. It's pretty dense stuff but it's really quite rewarding when you start to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Thanks, but the essay has already been handed in. I may check those out in the future though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement