Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

peoples park

• 03-02-2007 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

anyone have any idea when the peoples park il b finished....cos they taken their sweet time... what the bet that it will b all finished after summer....heh

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They are doing something at the peoples park? o_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Sully04 wrote:
    They are doing something at the peoples park? o_O

Yeah half or more of it is closed off, not sure what they doing exactly, I know they were supposed to be taking up the old track there anyway, maybe they doing more drainage stuff too, it's been like that for a few months now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They're putting in a skate park (waste of money in myo) and either a basketball court or tennis court, I can't remember which. They're putting in stretching areas and have resurfaced all the paths (in the closed off areas). I don't think it's really worth it and it would have been better if they simply maintained what they had. As it stands the greenspace (where you can play football) is limited and now it will practically be cut in half!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

They're putting in a skate park (waste of money in myo) and either a basketball court or tennis court, I can't remember which. They're putting in stretching areas and have resurfaced all the paths (in the closed off areas). I don't think it's really worth it and it would have been better if they simply maintained what they had. As it stands the greenspace (where you can play football) is limited and now it will practically be cut in half!

Agreed, really liked the old layout. I'm sure Goff is very happy knowing that his cycle track, which was once among the best in Ireland, was let to reach its current state, and then to be pulled up and replaced by a skatepark. I heard somewhere that the park was given to the people of Waterford on condition there would always be a cycle track. Of course it's been 'illegal' to cycle in there for donkey years! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Fandyfan

hmm yeah i agree, i liked the way you could play footie on the green or just chillin there. it better be complete for the summer anyways!

yeah the fenced up part that runs the side closest to de la salle is where the skatepark will be. it gonna be bigger and better then the other one anyways. i think it was designed by skaters and bmxers. my guess is that all the kids that use to hang around in the plaza will all be in the park probably wrecking the place :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Fandyfan wrote:
    i think it was designed by skaters and bmxers.

So, apparently, was the last one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Fandyfan wrote:
    i think it was designed by skaters and bmxers. my guess is that all the kids that use to hang around in the plaza will all be in the park probably wrecking the place :rolleyes:

Great. :rolleyes: I see there is big red graffiti on the tall silver sculpture thing on the plaza, it looks desperate! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I don't like how the Council gave in to the skaters... not once but twice! Maybe if my team starts playing American Football in the plaza or in the middle of red square, they'll buy us a nice pitch somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Fandyfan

I don't like how the Council gave in to the skaters... not once but twice! Maybe if my team starts playing American Football in the plaza or in the middle of red square, they'll buy us a nice pitch somewhere!

yeah skaters/bmxers/bladers dont know how lucky they are to get a skatepark. Maybe u might get your pitch if u start vandalising the plaza. lol

Advertisement