Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Five reasons why I dislike dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I can vouch for Monkey Puzzle Trees being vicious and EVIL. I still carry the scars from my fight with one, I reckon Special Branch was involved in that attack on me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Venus firetrap plants, now they are born mean and should be muzzled AT ALL TIMES. Actually the government should bring in an outright ban on these plants. They look vicious so that definitely absolutely means they ARE vicious. :rolleyes:

Ah my cat is cool. Eats like a horse, follows me around but is always 10 steps behind me, and at night she lies on my feet, keeps my tootsies warm. Plus she never tells anyone my secrets and never answers back when I give out to her (usually for terrorising other cats, she likes to pounce on them and chase them for fun). Oh, and the time she caught a mouse and played with it for an HOUR, just letting it go and then catching it again, that was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

artieanna wrote:
    This thread proves that there are Cat People and there are Dog People very rarely you get both cat and dog people:

Ask people to name somone famous that owns a cat and I bet most would say Dr Evil.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Nala wrote:
    Ah my cat is cool. Eats like a horse, follows me around but is always 10 steps behind me, and at night she lies on my feet, keeps my tootsies warm. Plus she never tells anyone my secrets and never answers back when I give out to her (usually for terrorising other cats, she likes to pounce on them and chase them for fun). Oh, and the time she caught a mouse and played with it for an HOUR, just letting it go and then catching it again, that was good.

:D sounds just like my girl, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Nala wrote:
    Venus firetrap plants, now they are born mean and should be muzzled AT ALL TIMES. Actually the government should bring in an outright ban on these plants. They look vicious so that definitely absolutely means they ARE vicious. :rolleyes:
    They are great though. I bought a few last year and left them on my kitchen window during the summer. Easy enough to keep.

Worked so well, my mother got a few for her kitchen.

You still get the odd fly or wasp, but much better than having to spray the room or leave the sticky stuff hanging on aorund the room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mickoo

Lions are cats and would mill sheep if given the chance-so would domestic cats if they where big enough too. when would you ever see a cat die to defend its owner? cats are o'k but are all about no.1 dogs are all about there owner-loyal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Really needed a good laugh, especially at this time of the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

dogs are a lot cooler than you will ever be, cat lover

walt0r wrote:
    dogs are a lot cooler than you will ever be, cat lover

Deary I am like the cats of the world I couldn't give a damn.....:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 stella1982

1) Watch what happens when two people walking their dogs pass each other. Instant aggression on the part of both animals with each yearning to attack and kill the other.
    I think dogs are nice and they are better then humans most of times maybe you never experienced that cause you never had a dog i love dogs. also packs of dogs never attack other packs - i.e. dogs don't make war like humans!
    2) Unreasonable intimidation: Any time I go out to my parents' back garden the next door neighbour's dog starts barking. He then rushes to the wooden fence dividing our gardens and starts snarling and growling. This is totally unprovoked.
    leave the dog alone and he would not bark at you
    3) Look what dogs do to sheep. Again, more unprovoked attacks and violence. Absolutely horrifying.

look what american apache gun ship does to iraqi insurgents - have i said enough already?
    4) Dog sh*t is the vilest of all animal excrement.
    political bull**** is the worst animal excrement!
    5) Dogs constantly jumping up and down on people - despite repeated warnings from their owners. Again, a form of subtle bullying.
    how about service providers constantly taking the piss and goverment regulator slaping on wrist only to continue taking the piss
    You get none of this behaviour with cats. Far superior animals.[/QUOTE]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Goffie

Moderator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, Brian Capture got what he wanted - a pointless wrangle with only a few copping on he's blatantly a troll...why not lock this silly thread?

We all love animals..cats or dogs, or we wouldn't be on this board.

Sheesh, grant me patience. What a waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

ya i agree with goffie, this troll shouldnt
    be entertained:mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭DrChoda

I don't accept that for a minute.

Dogs should share responsibility for their actions.

Brain do you mean something like this?:
    My dog ate my cat's food, and I was extremely disappointed when he didn't take responsibility for it and replace the cat food. I bought more cat food, gave it to the dog to replace in the cat's dish, and the little f*&%€r ate it again. Didn't even share in the responsibilty, left it all up to me. Cat didn't seem to understand when I told her.

OR
    Do you mean dogs as a collective whole? Like if 1 of 10 dogs living on the same street poops on the sidewalk, the other 9 should take some responsibility?
    Does this responsibility include financial, moral, or both? Are we just looking for verbal apologies from dogs here, cause it may take a while?

Funniest thing I have read on the interweb for a very long time!!! :D:D:D
    I thought I had seen the peak of stupidity on the net, but the internet never ceases to amaze!

I wish there was an international award for most idiotic post of the year. I know it's early in 2007 but I'm pretty sure
    I don't accept that for a minute.
    Dogs should share responsibility for their actions.
    would still win at the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I don't understand the problem with this tread. It's simply stating the well know fact that cats are superior to dogs; why are people still struggling to accept that fact? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

lol,

the problem isnt whether dogs or cats are superior to each other that simply comes down to peoples opinions and preferences.

the problem is the op starting threads, ranting on and saying redicilious statements about "dogs having to share responsibility etc :mad: :mad:

who no's maybe the op was a cat in a previous life :eek: :eek: , that a dog chased and now his back to get revenge on all doggies through the boards:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

This has gotten out of hand.
    I dont really have any reason to lock it though as the comedy value is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I know... it's almost like nerds arguing whether Picard is better than Kirk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

franksm wrote:

Picard would be the cat. In fact Picard would be the cat out of that Meteor mobile ad (where the dude thinks it fell out the window and he buys a new one).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Hahahahahaha!!!!! This thread is hillarious!!!!! Mind you I hated cats until my i took in a stray one out of the cold and now I love cats - despite also having one of the friendliest, tamest little Shih Tzu's in the world :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Neighbour recently confronted us about our newly aquired dog. No previous issues in 5 years (with neighbour).

When asked about "Exactly why don't you like dogs?" it emerged she had negative childhood experiences that she didn't want to discuss and went off in a huff.

I don't like boa-constrictors, I don't mind gekko lizards - but this post might as well have been "I don't like reptiles!". (The dog in question is a chihuahua and not an ex-security (much abused) pitt-bull terrior).

This post is a troll IMHO - really think it should be closed TBH!

(this can easily be expanded to exotic pets in general - but dogs are not exotic - this is a troll!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

franksm wrote:
    /Whistles and walks away

Might as well pimp boards.tv

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm a cat person if forced to pick. However, I don't think there are nasty dogs, just nasty owners or worse; people that expect animals to either act like humans or just exist simply to cater for humans.

Damn I hate when I reply to trolls :o

tell me how you could dislike these:

IMG_8515.jpg

they're gorgous dogs you could'nt not like them!

And coming from a cat person that says alot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Guinea Pigs are way better, they don't poop in neighbours gardens (if they did neighbours would be delighted because it's a great fertiliser). They don't bark at people. You don't have to get drowned in the rain to excercise them, just pop them on the floor and let them run about.

They beat dogs and cats hands down.

They don't bark at people. You don't have to get drowned in the rain to excercise them, just pop them on the floor and let them run about.

They beat dogs and cats hands down.

You sure you not talking about a cat:rolleyes:
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dancingpixie

Lol ok i think you're reading too much into dog behaviour. When they pass each other they arent "yearning to attack and kill each other" - they are interested/wary/scared/protective/curious, depending on the dogs personality. And when dogs jump up on you they're not trying to BULLY you. If you really think you're being bullied by a dog you may just have slipped over into the wrong side of paranoia. And another thing, saying "one more reason to hate dogs: rabies" is like saying "one more reason to hate people: aids!" I dont think the dogs actually want to be diseased. Dislike dogs if you want but stop with the little "all dogs are out to DESTROY the human race" drama queen act. Its annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Haha. And whats a cat going to do when a strager comes to your house with ill intent. Miao?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Haha. And whats a cat going to do when a stranger comes to your house with ill intent. Miao?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

No way he would "Miaou" twice

Advertisement