Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Five reasons why I dislike dogs

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ok the title of the thread should really be why you hate dog owners none of the things you mentioned are the dogs fault only the fault irresponsible owners.

Exactly.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

pounces on stranger rips him apart with back legs sinks claws, bites, spits and MEEEOOOOWS

Need i say more;) :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

This thread is funny.

I hate those little yap yap over grown grumpy rat lookalikes, excuse for a dog. And those silly D4 women who walk around with four or five of them clad in stupid tartan coats. Where do they think they are? Beverley Hills?

Other than that I adore all animals.*

(*except sheep, they give me indigestion)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Dogs should share responsibility for their actions.

Thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard!!!! This thread is completely pointless!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

If you hate dogs so much why waste your time posting up that you hate them. Dogs are not vendicitive , they give you unconditional love, they do not kill each other cause one stole another dogs bitch. I think some dog bite you when you were a kid and you never got over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

1) Watch what happens when two people walking their dogs pass each other. Instant aggression on the part of both animals with each yearning to attack and kill the other.

2) Unreasonable intimidation: Any time I go out to my parents' back garden the next door neighbour's dog starts barking. He then rushes to the wooden fence dividing our gardens and starts snarling and growling. This is totally unprovoked.

3) Look what dogs do to sheep. Again, more unprovoked attacks and violence. Absolutely horrifying.

4) Dog sh*t is the vilest of all animal excrement.

5) Dogs constantly jumping up and down on people - despite repeated warnings from their owners. Again, a form of subtle bullying.

You get none of this behaviour with cats. Far superior animals.

1. cats are not loyal to their owner
    2. all cats do is sleep all bloddy day
    3. you cant teach a cat to fetch somethig
    4. cats will not guard a house of protect their owner
    5. "Dog sh*t is the vilest of all animal excrement", have you ever had a cat p*ss and sh*t in your house? it doesnt smell like roses
    Dogs constantly jumping up and down on people - despite repeated warnings from their owners. Again, a form of subtle bullying.
    they are excited to see their owner, showing affection, something a cat doesnt do.

by the way, i do like cats, but not as much as my 2 doggies sammy and ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

why is this pointless trolling thread still open :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

stovelid wrote:
    why is this pointless trolling thread still open :(

Here, Here :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

1) Watch what happens when two people walking their dogs pass each other. Instant aggression on the part of both animals with each yearning to attack and kill the other.

2) Unreasonable intimidation: Any time I go out to my parents' back garden the next door neighbour's dog starts barking. He then rushes to the wooden fence dividing our gardens and starts snarling and growling. This is totally unprovoked.

3) Look what dogs do to sheep. Again, more unprovoked attacks and violence. Absolutely horrifying.

4) Dog sh*t is the vilest of all animal excrement.

5) Dogs constantly jumping up and down on people - despite repeated warnings from their owners. Again, a form of subtle bullying.

You get none of this behaviour with cats. Far superior animals.

Thats lovely for you, looking for an arguement perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭michelleans

DrChoda wrote:
    Brain do you mean something like this?:
    My dog ate my cat's food, and I was extremely disappointed when he didn't take responsibility for it and replace the cat food. I bought more cat food, gave it to the dog to replace in the cat's dish, and the little f*&%€r ate it again. Didn't even share in the responsibilty, left it all up to me. Cat didn't seem to understand when I told her.

OR
    Do you mean dogs as a collective whole? Like if 1 of 10 dogs living on the same street poops on the sidewalk, the other 9 should take some responsibility?
    Does this responsibility include financial, moral, or both? Are we just looking for verbal apologies from dogs here, cause it may take a while?

Funniest thing I have read on the interweb for a very long time!!! :D:D:D
    I thought I had seen the peak of stupidity on the net, but the internet never ceases to amaze!

I wish there was an international award for most idiotic post of the year. I know it's early in 2007 but I'm pretty sure

would still win at the end of the year.

:D lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

Dogs and cats are animals. Although they look at you and seem to understand, they don't understand any language except body language. I did a dog training course, dogs learn through repetition and patience. For example using hand signals and words we teach our dog to sit, wait, stay, down, and so on. The trainer I learned from did the same things using the words in Irish and even as a fry up! (sausage = down, rasher = sit and so on!). :rolleyes:
    As a rule cats can be totally independant of their owners but others crave attention. Dogs - depending on the breed of course!- do crave human contact. As for the neighbours dog barking when you go into your garden, they are protecting their territory and can be craving attention from their owners also - be it bad or good! I had many pets when I was young including cats, dogs, budgies and goats (ya goats!) but out of all of them, I prefered my dog. I was shy and self concious. But put me with my german shepherd Amy (r.i.p) I felt like nothing could hurt me or make me feel bad. She was my pet and friend in one as well as protector.
    Oh and on cats protecting you - they will help if an eygptian mummy comes after you it'll be useful! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Goffie

MODERATER!!!
    why are you allowing this pointless, occasionally offensive and utterly idiotic thread to continue??
    Ok, I don't HAVE to read it but as my old mam would say it's lowereing the tone of the place..make room and time for real, interesting and maybe life-saving questions, for heaven's sake!

Advertisement