Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turn your heating on from a different part of the country!

• 03-02-2007 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi
    I own a holiday home but every time I go down there, the house is very cold and takes ages to heat up. I was wondering does anyone know is there a device that you could turn it on from miles away?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

You can get SMS controlled stuff , it'd probably be the easiest solution , I think some prepay sims don't expire here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

pauldno2 wrote:
    Hi
    I own a holiday home but every time I go down there, the house is very cold and takes ages to heat up. I was wondering does anyone know is there a device that you could turn it on from miles away?

Hi. I could help you out with this. What is your budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Jim_No.6

Gareth37 wrote:
    Hi. I could help you out with this. What is your budget?

I'm interested in how you'd be planning on doing this - fancy sharing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wire

If you have a PC and an internet connection in your holiday home, you could do the following ( Might be overkill ! )

1. Set your internet router to port forwarding to remote control your PC.
    2. Have a Visual Basic program that will activate a relay card connected to the parallel port. You can control up to 8 relays fairly easily.
    3. Connect whatever you want to switch on across the relays.

Advertisement