Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a website

Options
  • 03-02-2007 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi, I was asked to build a small website for a neighbour of mine who imports trucks from abroad and then sells them on. It doesnt need to have much on it, just a homepage, and sifferent pages with different manufacturers displaying pictures, prices and other texts etc. nothing too complicated. Is there an appropriate site building tool I could use (ie Geocities?) for free or do I need to payto build a site? Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you'll need to make up your mind whether or not you want the site to look professional.

hosting a site on geocities screams unprofessionalism and in my opinion i would not buy a product/service off any company that would use geocities for hosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

If you host with Yahoo, there is a program called yahoo Sitebuilder which you can download and use to drag and drop your website into place... For any other Web Host, you can use Macromedia Dreamweaver, which is expensive enough... or you can use microsoft frontpage(part of MSOffice), a newer model of this is Microsoft Expression Web Designer, which you must pay for... They all do the same thing, and remember Google is your friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

Have you designed any sites before? Why is your neighbour asking you to do it?

If he just wants a few pages where people can see what he does if directed to the site by himself you could use something like yahoo site builder but if he expects to use the site to promote his business further maybe he should pay a few bucks to get a web designer to do it.

Designing a site may look simple but to do it anyway half decent you would have to have a little knowledge and experience to pull it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

try Notepad and if that doesn't work try Dreamweaver (trial version)

Advertisement