Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much is this worth?

Options
  • 03-02-2007 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, a few days ago I was looking at a Mazda 323 1.5 GLX. I really liked it. Full service history, new timing belt and a 6 month warranty. Only problem was 93k on the clock and they wanted €5k and wouldn't move on the price. It seemed a bit expensive so I left it.

I find carzone and sites like it poor for trying to judge the value of cars. How much do you guy think I should have to spend to get a similar car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

What year are you looking at ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

sorry forgot to add that in. It was 00

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I would have taught 5k would have been a very good price , especially from a dealer with a warranty.

Mazda have great reliability so with the FSH I would'nt be to concerned with that milage .

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

tuxy wrote:
    Hi, a few days ago I was looking at a Mazda 323 1.5 GLX. I really liked it. Full service history, new timing belt and a 6 month warranty. Only problem was 93k on the clock and they wanted €5k and wouldn't move on the price. It seemed a bit expensive so I left it.

I find carzone and sites like it poor for trying to judge the value of cars. How much do you guy think I should have to spend to get a similar car?

Sounds a bit unreasonable to not budge on the price. Bring back €4,500 in cash and wave it in front of them. I reckon they would accept it.

Alternatively, have a look at this one:
    http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=513997

Granted slightly higher mileage and a private sale but if a mechanic gave it the thumbs up then the risk of no warranty may well be worth the lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Also spotted this one if your budget can stretch:
    http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=572774

Lower mileage and better value considering it is 2 years younger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

€5k is way overpriced in my book, even in perfect condition. Plenty of fish in the sea, tuxy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Thanks guys, its just a car I want for a year or so to get me started. I figured if I pay €5k for it when I tried to sell it on later with just over 100k on the clock I would get very little. Looks like I will have to travel a bit to check out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

i reckon its a grand too much

Advertisement