Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rvd hands in notice?

• 03-02-2007 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

the latest Observer this week, Dave says the reason RVD jobbed to Holly on ECW this week is likely because Van Dam gave his notice. RVD had until the end of the week to give his notice or his contract would roll over. His contract expires over the summer. Dave speculates that Van Dam gave his notice since the job looked to be more of putting over Holly than Rob being in the doghouse (like CM Punk's job), as well as the fact that RVD wasn't involved in the ECW vs. Vince storyline
    In an interesting note wwe trademarked both rob van dam and rvd. maybe going to tna will re-invigerate him but hell probably still be woeful

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I was never a fan of RVD. I just cant take to the guy. He is woeful on the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

He can cut a good promo depending on the situation. Some of his heel ecw stuff was good. If he were to go to TNA make him the cocky heel he once was, draft in Fonzy, and have him go against Jerry Lynn one more time! They had some excellent matches back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Yeah i'd say RVD should just lose the gimmick and re-invent himself in TNA. It really wouldn't be too hard to do i think. He was always a shell of his former self in WWE. Of course this may only be a rumor. But seen as he isn't being used at the moment, it probably is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He's still one of the 5 most over guys in wrestling though. Given a situation that he fully believes in, he can cut a great promo. He's just not much of an actor, but when he's in that zone, like he was in ECW as a heel when he truly believed he was the best, he's great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I thought I read somewhere RVD was contracted to WWE until 2008?

Well if I'm wrong, he needs to get out ECWank ASAP, I'm sure TNA will utilize him the way WWE haven't over the past 5/6 years.... hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:
    He's still one of the 5 most over guys in wrestling though./QUOTE]

In 2007 I don't think he is.

Since coming back last January he hasn't been the same. 36 is not an old age for wrestlers. But maybe when you wrestle a style like RVD's maybe it is. Plus he looks totally unmotivated (which I don't blame him for).

In saying that, he would probably be really suited to TNA given the limited schedule they have. But even on RVD's good days in 2006, he just seemed to be half a step off his best to me.

Not being able to call himself Rob Van Dam would be a bit of a downer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Rob Schwartzenegger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Doesn't he have the name Robby V trademarked?

Maybe he could point to himself and say 'Ro-bee-V'. It would be a fun way to stick it to WWE.

If he cant use the RVD name though it takes a lot away from him. The TNA fans would still chant it though.

Would it be legal for him to say, "I'm everybody's favourite wrestler..." and simply point to himself and let the fans chant it? Would that land him in hot water?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Tna should not go after RVD till they have a 2hour slot!
    at the moment they have way 2 much going on and and the title scene is already madeup of 2 WWE stars and another justr isnt needed!
    I feel if RVD did try and quit the E would just throw the title back on him 2 keep him happy and away from TNA

Advertisement