Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porcelain Tiles

Options
  • 04-02-2007 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hello,
    I am currently pondering whether to rip up the auld carpet and lay down some porcelain tiles and I was wondering has anyone else done this? I was looking around at the shops today and noticed different prices between them (I visited Tubs&Tiles, BTW and TileWarehouse), I was wondering aswell could someone explain to me about the polish or sealant that you have to put on them.

Thanks Very Much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Tiles are cold by nature so bear this in mind when deciding to go with any type of tiles as an alternative to carpet! (From experience)

I have polished porcelain in the Kitchen and Dining area. They cost something around €25 per sq. yd. Prices vary wildly so shop around until you get a tile you like at a reasonable price.

We were recommended to "seal" the tiles after they were laid and before the grouting with the sealer which would be used for marble, etc. We did this but the tiles didn't really seem to soak anything much of the sealer so I'm not convinced of the need for sealing but take the advice of the sellers as otherwise you'll have no comeback. I do remember though, that getting the protective wax layer off the tiles before the sealer went on was some ordeal!

Other than that, they do look good and we would be happy with them.

Advertisement