Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What constitutes a fire door?

Options
  • 04-02-2007 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

With an interconnecting door between the house and an integral garage, what should the door be made of? Mine is a panelled pine door with chipboard betwen both faces - I always thought it was plasterboard within the door.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Send a PM to teddyhandsome, he'll know all there is to know about fire rated doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Teddyhandsome

Hi! A Fire door can quite often have its core of a high density material other than a plasterboard type. The door between your garage and house should have a 1 hour fire rating, as your garage would be considered a higher risk area due to the nature of products that you might store there. A 1 Hr. fire door is usually nominally 55mm thick so you could measure this and check. However there are many different cores that can be used so I wouldnt be overly concerned. Another way you can tell is that the door should have a colour coded stamp on its edge!!!
    Hope this helps....thanks for the mention CrosstownK! Rock On Dudes!!!!!

RockSkool Rule.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Mine is 45mm thick and there is a number on the top which has been routered through when the intumescent strips were being fitted. From what I can see it states 'Mod 2040 F30'.

Advertisement