Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Fee charges when selling house

Options
  • 03-02-2007 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I am considering purchasing a property in a nearby privately managed estate and have a problem I hope someone might be able to help me with. Having been advised of 3 different management fees by the EA, I decided to take the initiative and call the management company who would surely be able to provide transparency re charges and basic services rendered?? Apallingly, I have so far gotten yet two more different yearly rates from the management company and an outright refusal to supply a specimen contract for review by prospective buyer. They have said that they do not hold the lease agreement and I need to contact my solicitor re same. Surely this is 'caveat emptor' gone too far? Surely I do not have to wait until signing day and incur legal fees to discover the rates and terms of what may be a 999-year financial committment. Consumer Agency says technically they are right, but in practice most would provide access to specimen T&Cs for the sake of customer service/ courtesy. Feel free to PM me any info and thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Having been advised of 3 different management fees by the EA
    TBH I would not take another step. I would cross that place off the list..

if they are like that now, when you want in, imagine what they are like when there is a problem that needs to be fixed?

feck that for a game of soldiers :)

Advertisement