Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloody Lift Is Broken Outside My Apartment

Options
  • 04-02-2007 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭

The bloody lift is stuck right outside the door to our apartment. The damn thing is banging against the shaft and stopping my girlfriend from getting to sleep. Our apartment is RIGHT BESIDE the lift so it's really noisy.
    Usually outside a lift there is a notice for a company called Irish Lift Services, but in our place they only have it inside the lift. Not exactly handy.

Does anyone know the number of this company? I'd like to give them a call, feck all they'll do about it now, but I'll give it a shot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Googley sez:

Irish Lift Services, 43 Airways Ind Est, Santry, Dublin 17. Tel: 01-8163131

Is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Irish Lift Services, 43 Airways Ind Est, Santry, Dublin 17. Tel: 01-8163131 Email: info@irishliftservices.ie

info came from here -> http://www.irishbuildingindustry.ie/Headings/Lifts.htm

i've never had to call, so no idea if they will do anything for you ... hope you get sorted!:)

edit : beaten by Ruu ... don't you ever sleep ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Sorry for wrong forum Ruu, thanks for info, you too trout. I googled but didn't find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Make sure when you call for a service that you give the name and address of the buildings management company rather than you're own name.

Just incase you get a bill....

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

Be sure to tell them there's someone trapped. Only whay you'll get them out.

When they get there say that they were just released.

Just my 10c worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks for the info and advice guys. I was about to give them a call and noticed it had stopped. It had been happening for a good while before I ever noticed it, so think someone must have beaten me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

Entrapment always gets results n my experience.

One for the notes.

Cheers,
    Peter

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Peteer wrote:
    Be sure to tell them there's someone trapped. Only whay you'll get them out.

When they get there say that they were just released.

Just my 10c worth.

Not exactly ethical.....
    Mind you- it is entirely possible that they escaped just before the maintenance crew arrived......

Do your Management Company not have an emergency contact number (for the Management Company- not the Lift Company)- by rights you should not have to chase contractors yourself?

Advertisement