Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something weird with my dsl or is it?

Options
  • 04-02-2007 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Have bt 1meg BB in the house and the mate who is on Eircoms similar offer was having grief with his modem. So I told him I would bring my modem/router down to his place and see if we could get online and sort some things out. When I got down I plugged his dsl phone line into my router along with his ethernet cable. Before I had a chance to go into my routers setup page to change it to his psw/username the green internet light starts flashing and where connected. I know bt are only reselling eircoms package but I always thought my username/psw was linked to my phone line. But going by this it seems you can punch your user/psw into someone else's router and as long as they have eircom or one of its re-sellers you will get connected. Anyone else having this experience

Cubix

Advertisement