Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Forum needs a Charter.

• 04-02-2007 8:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

There has been some "slagging" of late of people who have posted losing selections. This is counterproductive and should not be allowed. Why would anyone even bother posting what teams, etc they think will win or what might be a value bet? There is no financial reward for sharing information on here and, if your bet doesn't come in, you now have to face a barrage of bs heckling?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭wba88

I agree its very childish and should be dealt with after all its up to the person betting whether or not they take the tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

th forum needs a moderator. No point in having a charter with no one to enforce it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

th forum needs a moderator. No point in having a charter with no one to enforce it.

I've been saying this for months now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

just actively report posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52727383

started a thread in feedback. Have a moan then and then suggest someone i suppose?

One of the horsey lads might be the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Agree with the sentiments, I thought all forums need a moderator? Don't see why this one should be any different anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I think people should have to post reasoning behind their picks (if tipping) rather than just say "I'm putting €200 on Man utd to win tonight" IMO that'd take away the slagging and improve the forum considerably.

Nothing wrong with highlighting prices etc (or general banter)

Advertisement