Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your College?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

ibid stop wrecking all the young peoples minds with your rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Ibid wrote:
    Oh and lose the attitude by the way. Just because you're getting into Trinity does not make you superior to anyone. Especially if you do BESS; you will be looked down on within Trinity if you do BESS.

Yeah the attitude thing is a bit of a laugh but it doesn't actually exist in Trinity anymore and you'll do yourself a lot of favours if you learn that sooner rather than later.

Very well put :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Ibid wrote:
    Oh and lose the attitude by the way. Just because you're getting into Trinity does not make you superior to anyone. Especially if you do BESS; you will be looked down on within Trinity if you do BESS.

Yeah the attitude thing is a bit of a laugh but it doesn't actually exist in Trinity anymore and you'll do yourself a lot of favours if you learn that sooner rather than later.
    Yeah I don't think you understand. Theres no "attitude".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

notice that its the UCD person that is getting defensive... maybe you need to check your attitude about trinity first dude!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

notice that its the UCD person that is getting defensive... maybe you need to check your attitude about trinity first dude!;)
    Hope you're not calling me a UCD person ;).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Ibid wrote:
    Hope you're not calling me a UCD person ;).
    i apologise sincerely!:( i completely concede the argument and am prepared to take the humiliation that is bound to come my way!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

That's not what Wikipedia says.

Well you'll soon learn the folly of that statement at a university.........

Wiki is NOT, I repeat NOT a referencable knowledge resource!!!!!

anyone can change it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ibid is the one good thing to come out of this county, or so it seems.

/me fails at life :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

IBid, fuk off back to UCD...

Anyway, yes you're right in everything you say, I'm not saying you're not. I know about the university being separate from the college, and the orginal charter name. However the college chrest is often shown without the latin, and every official document I've recieved has allways stated University of Dublin, Trinity College.

Besides that we all know the actual name is Dublin University anyway.

Ps I love the way you tried to find out where I live, if you want Gay sex, talk to shay.

Boston wrote:
    IBid, fuk off back to UCD...
    I've actually never been to UCDD. I should visit sometime.
    Anyway, yes you're right in everything you say, I'm not saying you're not. I know about the university being separate from the college, and the orginal charter name. However the college chrest is often shown without the latin, and every official document I've recieved has allways stated University of Dublin, Trinity College.
    That's because they're effectively the same thing. That name refers to the union of the two; your exam results also affect your position within the university etc.
    Besides that we all know the actual name is Dublin University anyway.
    It's not. View the statute I quoted "...to include the University of Dublin". Simply because DUCAC want a name that makes a pronounceable anagram does not change the name of the university.
    Ps I love the way you tried to find out where I live, if you want Gay sex, talk to shay.
    WTF? :confused:

• Advertisement

Ibid wrote:
    That's because they're effectively the same thing.

So we're in agreement.

Thread Title: Your College
    Ibid's Answer: College of the Holy and Undivided Trinity of Queen Elizabeth near Dublin.
    Boston's Answer: University of Dublin, Trinity Dublin.

So no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

as for the thread title my answer is(shying away from controversy) i wish to enroll in the college just off nassau street. where the provosts house is No.1 grafton st.......you know the one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Sp Ibid, do you like Trinity?

Yep, it's an incredible place. I love it. I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

I'm a complete geek and not from the wealthiest area in the world but I've settled in without any problems at all. There was a bit of a lull for the first couple of months regarding making friends and that was a bit crap, but that happened to my girlfriend in NUIM as well. However the vast majority of people eventually do make friends and at this point (third year) I'm still making friends and trying new things. I find it difficult to not make friends there. I'm just looking through the numbers on my phone and I count 52 people I've met in Trinity. That's a pretty impressive tally for a geek who spends most of his time with his girlfriend. This is just the making friends bit.

Overall, and in my designated field, Trinity is the best in the country academically. In certain areas, by all accounts, we're fairly crap. If you're into food science/development/hygiene don't go to Trinity. If you're interested in any of Physics, Law, Neuroscience, Globalisation, Immunology, and a host of other things that we kick ass in, we are the best in Ireland and rival anyone in (at least) Europe. I'm sure everyone else has claims to fame. The advantage of our international reputation is that if you want to go abroad for postgraduate work etc, the international reputation of the university will stand to you.

I'm far too tired to go into all of the fantastic things about the place. The only thing I will say is that no matter how much hard work it is to get whatever points you want, even if it means studying seven nights a week for the rest of the year, it will be worth it if you get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Right. Best of luck with that. Different horses n all that. But I've moseyed around Trinity a couple of times and wasn't impressed with the place. It seems very old, and although it is historical, I don't think it's for me.

DCU all the way here...

On the downside to Trinity, our second bar on campus closed last year but there should be another one opening in a different location in the next two or three years. There is still the Pav :)

Ibid wrote:
    Thread Title: Your College
    Ibid's Answer: College of the Holy and Undivided Trinity of Queen Elizabeth near Dublin.
    Boston's Answer: University of Dublin, Trinity Dublin.

So no.

I didn't say that. Get your facts straight. I win again due to Ibid's inability to quote.

Stop trolling you weirdo.

/me stops waiting patiently.

Are we done now, children?

So basically, not everyone wants to go to Trinity then? Good.

I'm sick of the attitude to Limerick, I'd love the go UL it looks very cool and friendly. Plenty of facilities, near the city and cheap accomodation! Damnit make them do my course, someone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yep im off to UL myself, if i bother my arse with the leaving. The campus is class, the attitude is laid back...... Kilmurry is beside the sports arena....sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I want to go to Trinity as it's the closest college that isn't UCD, essentially. I don't like UCD's campus and the UCD(D) thing would just bother me.
    I mean, uh.. courses. Yup. Courses decided it for me.

Ibid wrote:
    That's rich coming from a Leaving Cert ;)

Pfft, go back to Xtravision!

¬_¬

Did you not for awhile? I fail at this stalking malarky.

Anywho, college, yeah.

This thread is (like many others) becoming like a drunk trying to get home. Its all over the place, can we leave the whole Trinity name thing, arguments and get back to the thread title >> "Your College?"

Right so *looks with hope* is anyone going to UL?

I had UL down as my first choice, then got bad feedback from some people in Limerick on my course (HPSS) and put Trinity first to keep the mammy happy, LIT second as an escape from the "lovely" Dublin.

What are you applying for? Are you from Limerick or one of the sports folk wanting to head down there?

I've everything down as UL! If i don't get go there expect to see me sweeping a street near you soon!

Umm i've law & accounting down no.1, business no.2,
    no.1 is in some doubt cos im just so lazy (i blame it on TY)

Im not from Limerick, (Galway), and my reasons for UL are...
    1. I can't cope with the metropolis that is Dublin
    2. I got good feedback from a lot of people i know going there, they think its great (but then its kinda like parents with their kids, everyone thinks their own is great)
    3. Yeah i am sporty and UL is good for that
    4. I know it shouldn't matter but a few of my closest mates are going there too
    5. I love the campus!

So thats about it! Bring a knife + bullet proff vest if your going to LIT tho, very close to moyross :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

UCD, a whole 30 seconds away by bike

cson wrote:

So thats about it! Bring a knife + bullet proff vest if your going to LIT tho, very close to moyross :eek:

Yeah about that, No.

• Advertisement

Im only joking, your alright so long as your surname is'nt Keane/Ryan. LIT is nice....just not as nice as UL IMO

What course in LIT? And forgive me for my acronym ignorance but what course is HPSS in UL? Sports science or something?

Advertisement