Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forum Software for Windows

• 04-02-2007 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend some forum software to run on windows software.

- would prefer if it was asp and sql based.

Before people launch into recommendations for vbulletin and phBB or other lamp based solutions - thats not what I need.

I have sql on a fast box
    I have asp programmers
    I have backup regimes that suit sql/asp

Now thats out of the way

I also want something that supports integrated authentication.:D

I've used snitz and I'm currently looking at community server - but before I commit I was hoping somebody has some recommendations.

MS are not bringing one out in sharepoint are they ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 johnnyDubrovnik

Hi,

SharePoint (MOSS 2007) dont have a forum as such, but more of a discussion list. This is a type of SharePoint Library template that allows users to Create and respond to Discussion threads. Its not as rich in functionality as vbulliten, phpBB, etc, but might answer your basic needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm not going to recommend a forum (don't know of any ASP ones), but I can debunk one comment; PHP-based forums don't need LAMP. You can set up PHP on IIS (you can also set up MySQL on Windows, but I understand your wish to use MSSQL). Many forums also allow you to use SQL Server instead of MySQL (they just use a wrapper class for DB functions). Many PHP apps also come with full active directory support.

Again, can't recommend one, I've never used one in the situation you describe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I run bttlxe - it's free and uses ASP on an access database. That being said, they don't have any real support, nor have they released an update in years, but I used their package as a starting point and modified the thing to the point its almost a whole new beast.

It's something that might help, but the aforementioned ones appear to be better suited for more people, especially since you don't have to decode your own bugs. :)

Advertisement