Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dvd + R

• 04-02-2007 11:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Hey

Just wondering what the deal is with the 360 and dvd r's. When i insert a dvd +r with an avi file it wont play the disc. It says its a mixed media disc and shows up in photos.

Any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭homerzero

Just googled this about the xbox 360. The xbox360 does not support avi files.
    hope that helps

Does it support avi? Divx? Xvid? Quicktime? H264?

No. The Media Center Extender in the Xbox 360 only supports playback of DVR-MS, MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and WMV video.

How can I watch these other (avi, divx, xvid, etc) videos on my Xbox 360?

You have to convert these videos into the video format the Xbox 360 Media Center Extender can playback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

darn, thanks homerzero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

sorry but edit didnt work for me for some reason,

anyway was just wondering whether you can burn video files from discs onto th 360? or can you only transfer them over from your comp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

2 seconds on google will answer this.

the answer is no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

It is possible to get the 360 to play avi's (look up transcode360 or tversity) but NOT from discs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement