Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa

Options
  • 04-02-2007 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

Louth Vs Down, Louth will be hoping to continue last years great form - Down have a totally revamped team for this match - with Coulter and few others the only regulars from last. Louth have the firepower up front to ruffle any team and this home fixture represents good value for a home win

20 points - Louth 5/6 win

Galway Vs Derry - derry were brutal in the Mc Kenna Cup - however i expect them to pick things up somewhat, the death of The Meehans sister rules them out of this game so without their main assasin and co im going for a Derry win

10 points - Derry win 13/8

and lastly

Tipp Vs Sligo - Tipp = terrible team however anything can happen in Div 2b, sligo will be hoping to get a good start to the year unlike last so Sligo @8/15 will do

20 points - Sligo @8/15

Heres the Hoping

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Great tipping, unlucky with the Sligo draw.

Good to see good posts like this considering the lunacy that's been going on here lately :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Great tipping, unlucky with the Sligo draw.

Good to see good posts like this considering the lunacy that's been going on here lately :)

Cheers, yea Louth done well - they were a great team for us gamblers last year as no one expected such a great year..

Sligo are always a bogey team but really should have beaten possibly one of the worst teams in the country...

Ill post again my selctions next week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Louth were tipped up at evens in the Sunday Indo today. Not a bet I would have got involved in, but filled up for those that did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

thewools wrote:
    Cheers, yea Louth done well

I'm from Dundalk so delighted to see Louth on the up :D
    thewools wrote:
    Ill post again my selctions next week

Great, good to have a GAA aspect on the forum :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Yeah good stuff - though Derry were 2/1 with Ladbrokes. I should be around this weekend to try and let you know the word from the north. (although I do have to go to that auld rugby game on sunday:( )

• Advertisement

I don't know that there is the same value about this weekend as last. (NB all my prices are from Ladbrokes)
    For what it's worth I've decided on an acca on:
    Dublin 2/7
    Derry 2/5
    Tyrone 1/4
    Cavan 2/7
    Roscommon 1/66
    Wexford 2/7
    Sligo 1/4

and a trixie on
    Antrim 5/2 - 1st game under lights at Casement, I don't rate Meath and for me Antrim are a decent price to spring an upset.
    Longford 15/8 - Big price for a team who I rate quite highly, having watched them defeat Derry in last years championship and in fact they could have given Kerry a real game were it not for the discovery of Donaghy at full forward. Monaghan their opponents are handy, but at the prices Longford are well worth the bet.
    Down 11/8 - Again a big price for Down, they've been poor this year so far, but, they're at home and their opponents Kildare are no worldbeaters either - too much is being read into Kildare's beating of an understrength (and declining anyway) Armagh side last time out. Down at home have to be value at 11/8.

Other than that, I'm hoping Ballyhale (my 6/1 outright selections) can win their hurling semi as it would move a step closer to a big payday on Paddy's day.
    Good luck all and any other info welcome. If I hear anything else re team selections I'll update on Saturday as early as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

This weeks bets are alot tougher to call - not alot of value so im tending towards 4 away wins this week, something which seldom happens in the National League - but we will give it a shot anyways!! :)

Going against a few of your selctions too Glenbhoy :D:D:D will see who comes out on top lol

Down vs Kildare

Down were poor last week, and continue to use a new squad minus most of last years team - they lost by 4 points to Louth last week but easily could have been more - Kildare were somewhat lucky to defeat Armagh last week, but John Doyle stood up to the mark with 11 points - Downs somewhat less experienced back line will not handle his accuracy and skill.

Kildare to win 20points @ 10/11

Antrim Vs Meath

Meath have alot more to offer than what they are showing, antrim are a poor side and i remember two years ago Meath beat Antrim away by approx 20 points, the Meath side has not got much weaker they are just not gelling as well, but his game should turn around their poor run of form

20 points Meath win @ 1/2

Donegal vs Mayo

Donegal done well to beat Cork last week away but Mayo outdone that task to defeat their nemisis Kerry, this game could be a close call if not even a draw so I reckon a handicap in favour of Mayo will suffice

10 points Mayo +1 @ 8/11

Armagh vs Louth

Armagh wer unlucky not to win last week but Louth put in a great effect especially from their full forward line where they scored about 2-10 between them, Armagh defense will be strong and their new faces will be out to impress however they still are missing The Cross players as well a few other key injuries such as Clarke etc. This is my value bet of the week

10 points Louth win @ 7/4

Here's to hoping

Yeah sure hard to know this time of year wools, though, re the derry v westmeath game - i have just hear dthat it's Kevin McGuckian's stag this weekend (derry captain), few of the lads might be there, heard paddy bradley will prob not play - personally, I can't be backing westmeath, but, i would not be backing derry either in the circumstances (unfortunately already have, they may still have enough, but no value at all - tbh if there's value, it's not derry!!)
    Re Louth v Armagh, I'm with you, certainly value there - but I still rate longford highly at 15/8 - for me that's the bet of the weekend.

Glenbhoy wrote:
    Yeah sure hard to know this time of year wools, though, re the derry v westmeath game - i have just hear dthat it's Kevin McGuckian's stag this weekend (derry captain), few of the lads might be there, heard paddy bradley will prob not play - personally, I can't be backing westmeath, but, i would not be backing derry either in the circumstances
    Westmeath won 5/2, I'm a derry man so wouldn't go against us (that and going against the club are the only two things I won't do when betting), I hope somebody out there got the message I was trying to send out - btw i reckon we're a decent price to see off kildare tomorrow at 6/4 on betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

ive learned very quickly not to go with away wins in the league. no matter who the team are

• Advertisement
Advertisement